Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the scent blocker northernlite bibs and underguard xt shirt. Well I have a couple questions it says you must wash before use. Well then it says read Manufactures's care instructions. Well I didnt get them so how do I wash them and how do i activate the carbon please help.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
wash in cold water with no detergent on delicate and spin dry. The heat from the dryer will activate the charcoal.

try to wash it as little as possible

·
74,535 Posts
archery addict

Thats exacatly what I have doen with mine for three years. I use high heat in dryer.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Asbolutely NO NOT use detergent other than carbon clothes detergent. Normal "Scent free" detergent will clog the pores in the carbon. Wash it once before you use it, then unless it get's dirty, or bloody, or a strond oder on it, just use the dryer to reactivate it. Here is a link to Scent Blocker's web site that will answer some questions for you.

http://www.scentshield.com/faq.html

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
dont even use the scent blocker detergent if you can help it stains just add to the camo:D
No rerally detergents really break down the materials a lot faster. like jim said skip washing alltogether if possible just throw in the dryer B4 going hunting to reactivate the charcoal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts