Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, that show is the worst! Nothing like seeing an old granny shooting pen-raised animals behind a fence with a rifle. Somebody must like it for it to stay on the Outdoor Channel?

·
Registered
196 Posts
nothing like hunting stuff you rased ha

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I watch the outdoor channel everyday and have never even saw this show advertised

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'd have to say "huntin with the judge" is in a tight battle with the huntress for worst show. Same deal, hunting mostly penned deer. Plus, I keep mistaking her for a man.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd have to say "huntin with the judge" is in a tight battle with the huntress for worst show. Same deal, hunting mostly penned deer. Plus, I keep mistaking her for a man.
Haha I agree! Seems like every buck she drops has a tag in its ear.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but hunting with the judge dont they say at the starting of the show that all there animals we're taking 100% fair chase?

I also think the show sucks, i turn the channel when it comes on

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Never seen that show, so can't comment on it specifically. I do know the question of "how do they stay on the air?" can be asked about a lot of shows that just aren't any good. The fact is that outdoor shows stay on the air as long as they have sponsors willing to pay and the show then pays their airtime bills.

I was told by one of the big bow company's marketing person in a face to face conversation that "We don't look at the bang for buck we might get based on quality of footage or entertainment. We simply look at the potential exposure offered and that means numbers of households a show is in." I also have laughed many times at the sight/release company that kept coming on AT and proudly promoting their new celebrity and his show they sponsored. In the show's opening it showed the celebrity drawing back with their release being held completely backwards!

Point is...many of the big $ sponsors don't even pay attention to the quality of the show. With so many shows and wannabe shows out there, it is easier for sponsors to stay with what they first came across than actually evaluate others to make a better decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts