Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the bow season in full swing here in WI. my daughter is set to head to the woods with me this weekend. Other social activities have kept her out so far. You know those teenagers.

Just to let her know I'm not the only crazy one hunting my question is,

How long before sun rise or the first sign of light do you get to your stand?

For me I have always liked to be in and settled down at least a 1/2 hour before any sign of light.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I prefer to be able to somewhat see what I am spooking lol

I usually leave my truck about 5-10mins before any sign of light.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I like being set up and everything 1/2 hour before first light. Being 1 1/2 hours away from my property makes it an early morning.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would like to say that I am sitting in my stand earlier but I too get there about 1/2 hr before sunrise.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I usually get to my stand about 45 mins before any light. Of course Im up by about 3:30 so I can take a scent free shower so I'm in bed by no later than 8:00 the night before. I prefer to be in bed by 7

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I get to my treestand after daylight anymore. I've been busted by too many deer going in crashing through the dark. Plus it helps to not have to kill yourself going up a tree because you can't see. All flashlights do is educated deer.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
I like to get there at least 20 minutes before light. I prefer 1/2 hour though.
I have nightmares that it's opening day and I'm still not at my stand by 8:00. I hate those dreams. Maybe I take this stuff a little too serious???

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I usually get there 30 minutes early. Unless I think he will be coming through right at daylight. If this is the case I will get there about a hour early.

·
You're dithspicable
453 Posts
30-60 minutes before light

·
Registered
69 Posts
have to be there at least an hour before sunrise.

·
Registered
385 Posts
With sunrise here at a little past 7:00 a. m. I try to get to the location at 6:00 and be in my stand by 6:30, just before it begins to get a little light on the horizon. Sometimes I'm late though :eek:).

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm usually in an hour before first light. Here in Ohio we are restricted, (if you want to call it that), to hunting hours that are 1/2 hour b4 sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. with Saturday being opening day I think I'll sleep in the stand Friday night and just pull my bow up 1/2 b4 sunrise...

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am in my stand 30-45 minutes before first light, setup and ready to go. I am about an hour from most of my properties, so that makes for a lot of 4:00-4:30 am wakeups on the weekends...

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
Hunt the ground a lot here on the prairie,

so I move to my ground hunting spot when I can use my binos to look ahead as I move. If I see deer standing there, I will back away if I can not get by them without spooking them. Usually 30-45 minutes before sunrise there is enough visibility.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts