Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried some very light grunting and just tickling the horns. No success but it was pretty windy and I didn't want to go at it to hard this early. Just got me to wondering what everyone elses thoughts are.

Just wondering everyone's ideas on when it is time to start tickling the horns? Or bleating? Or any calling in general. Let me know your thoughts.

Nate

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
well hello Nate, my name is also Nate.

both does i shot i have bleated in with a doe bleat. i have done some soft buck grunts and sparing with the rattle pack twice and have had 3 small bucks come in to investigate but nothing worth shooting. i tend to be a proactive hunter and prefer aggressive tactics. dont over do it and just play around, i tend to hunt just outside of bedding areas so when its calm out in usually within ear shot of deer and its worked for me.

im a turkey hunter first and deer hunter second so thats where i get a lot of my tactics from. i tend to call, hunt close to bedding areas, still hunt, and spot and stalk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.