Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone.

I have an Axcel Landslyd with an AV-41 scope. I’d like to move to an AV-31 to allow more arrow clearance on longer shots. Presently it gets REALLY close at 90-100 yards. I’m shooting about 273 ft/s with a 446gr arrow from a Revolt-X.

It looks like an AV-31 can be had, as well as another green 0.019” pin insert.

Is putting together the two pieces as easy as threading the end caps on and off?

If I purchased the scope and the fiber optic sight pin, is there anything else I would need to purchase to make it a complete swap?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Take apart your current AV-41, unscrew the cap and you'll be able to pull out the pin that includes the fiber as a single unit

The 31 works the same way, just smaller. The AV series is modular - you can swap pin, add lens, crosshair, etc.. It's a nice design, downside is the pins aren't very bright

AV-Hunter is different, I believe the fiber runs on the outside of the scope in a tube, same a with Accustat, they are probably brighter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take apart your current AV-41, unscrew the cap and you'll be able to pull out the pin that includes the fiber as a single unit

The 31 works the same way, just smaller. The AV series is modular - you can swap pin, add lens, crosshair, etc.. It's a nice design, downside is the pins aren't very bright

AV-Hunter is different, I believe the fiber runs on the outside of the scope in a tube, same a with Accustat, they are probably brighter
Great! Thank you. Sounds like the 31 might be perfect.

To be honest, I actually have found the AV-41 a bit too bright in full daylight conditions. I have a slight astigmatism, which causes small dots to bloom if the brightness is too high. The same happens with a red-dot sight on firearms. I actually designed in 3-D printed a rheostat cover for the AV-41 so I could adjust the brightness down.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Product Font Line Audio equipment Parallel

They make sunshades, rheostat covers, lens retainers, everything to customize those scopes.

One thing to consider is that axcel just announced a new scope.
You might look into those before buying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 7546100
They make sunshades, rheostat covers, lens retainers, everything to customize those scopes.

One thing to consider is that axcel just announced a new scope.
You might look into those before buying.
That is phenomenal. I’ve been all over the Truball site looking at different things but never once came across that image.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts