Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new bowhunting world and It was choked full of mathews ads. first off, the direct jab at Hoyt was rediculous as well as bad business.

second, I am not a veteran in this sport but even I know that most of those claims that they show are untrue. First with a unicam, (what about the jennings unistar) first with a roller guard, first with a carbon rod. give me a break.

Aren't there laws that govern the trueness of advertising?

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
Twang!, See that horse over there?

...He's bloated, man; been dead for quite a while now...but if you still want to give him a whack, be my guest. ;)

My guess is, if this is truly an inquiry, then you'll glean LOTS of opinions by doing a search on the whole Matt/Hoyt debate.

NNAAAAYYYY,

-------
Indychris

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Indychris I agree. If you poked it now it would explode! YUK!:eek: It is D**n hard NOT to say anything sarcastic here, but....I'll let it go. Shoot Strait>>------->

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got my magazine in also. I don't understand how some of the claims can be made. There must not be any Truth in Advertising laws that apply.
How are they able to claim
1-Innovation of Roller Guard. The archeryhistory site shows bows with the same wheels on Golden Eagle, Martin and others.
2-There are bow on the history site with that feature from the 1970's. I think one was called a Rigid.
3-carbon cable guard - The PSE had them befor Mathews was even in business.
The boldest seemed to be "lighter-shorter bows"
I don't have a Mathews or a Hoyt but the bow report by Norb Mullhany in this new issue on the Hoyt seems to support Hoyt claims and makes the 2 page ad agains the Hoyt look false. The article shows all the graphs and test and graphs the Hoyt system good rating. Is Mathews really convincing buyers with these ads?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it goes a little something like this Hoyt started it, and Mathews is going to finish it, Hoyt out right lied about several things they started it remember that first, they called out Mathews first, now they have to live it down Mathews is only trying to tell the truth about there bow verses hoyt's

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Hoyt compared CAMS, NOT another companies name or product. They have never mentioned Mathews in one of their ads! They have more class than the M company I guess.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
what was called out was deal with mathews making it clear that darton and hoyt were in litigations and started the i this and i that. then they did their own testing to show what was actually a ridiculous way to set up the bow which would never happen and try to make claims on it. the idea that mathews is crying in their beer is a sad state of affairs and mud slinging was or used to be a political slam and we all got a laugh out of it. i don;t shoot either of the bows from hoyt or mathews. and it is really time to put his puppy to sleep. mathews made their bed and have to lie in it and hoyt is doing somethign that mathews never thought woudl happen they got the jump on mathews and now mathews is not number one in sales this year. all that really needs to be said is it has turned out to be a very negative thing for everyone on both sides of the fence and mayb if we leave it alone it will disappear and mathews will work ontheir bow lines and quit the nagging and start to get ready for next years line of bows
rob k

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's right hoolow point they did compare cames they said that there cam and a half was faster, quieter, no timeing ,the staightest nock travel, on and on against a single came , which was proven wrong by Mathews.

And as far as there bow sells are concerned When I last spoke with them they said there sells were up from last year at this time, I don't know how you figure Hoyt is on top with sells , Oh yea mabey you think that because they sell to discount houses.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
stone cold do we have a problem with people making a statement about anything that doesn;t fit your bill lighten up bro it';s about bs being thrown out of proprtion and your loving company has proven they are human and that other companies can and do out perform them. there is someone who is going to knock you down now and then and the issues that mathews is throwing out there is moot and whether you want to belive that mathews is out selling hoyt or hoyt is out selling mathews make no diff the mudlsinging si way out of bounds and people today are up to date on products in archery and autos and people can see what's hype and what's not and the mudslinging and the topic is way over used and should of been quelled long ago. there are bleeding hearts all ove rht eplace and the truth be said i care not what happens ot either company i don;t shoot either one and it makes me no never mind. i was just saying what needs to be doen and you feel your right i feel i'm right and it make no diff so there you have it
rob k

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is no way that Mathews could take on a company the size of Easton Hoyt. That is poking a stick at the wrong bear.

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No more Mathews for me...

I owned three different Mathews bows. Broken limbs three times in three years. I've had servings break thru on all of my strings on the bottom cams. Finally decided to see what all this hoopla was about with the Hoyt cam and a half. Shot the Hoyt, bought a Martin Cougar with the fury x cams. Shooting better now than I ever did with the Mathews. The Hoyt shot o.k. too, I just didn't care much for the new fangled riser design or the split limbs. This Martin shoots really great with my hunting arrows.

·
Just shoot it!!!
3,178 Posts
In the current issue (October) of Bow and Arrow Hunting magazine, Mathews has ten (10) pages of advertisement, 8 on their own bows, 2 on the Hoyt attract. That seems like overkill.

Monty

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mathews did what they wanted you to do read the ads.
More to the point this is a dead and beaten horse!

I can't believe no one is upset with the fact that in Hoyts star ad they give on cams regaurdless of who they are pointing fingers at
one star in forgiveness. That is truly a bold face lie there is no proof that 1 cams are not as forgiving as 2 cams cam and 1/2 ect.

Forgiveness is a subjective matter!!!!!!

What about the speed rating, 1 star for speed on ones cams. What a laugh! :confused:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
News flash mathews inc to merge with hoyt . Why else would they do so much advertising for them ? This is getting old . Both companies make false claims so I dont see why they sould not merge . I think mathews is worse though , they claim to have invented eveything . Kind of like Al Gore , hey maybe he could be president :D of the new company that is .

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Here's my unbiased opinion in reference to the Hoyt star ad...

They rated their cam 1/2 against singles and duals not just singles.

I have to ask, why is it that only Mathews seems to be offened by the "Star Ad" when it pertains to EVERY single bow manufacturer there is...Nobody else cried foul...

I have to ask myself, Pat (that's my name...LOL...) If that darn cam 1/2 system is all that terrible, why in the heck are there so many Hoyt shooters shooting the cam 1/2 system, winning so many tournaments and setting new records in doing so...?

JMHO...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mathews never said the cam & 1/2 were bad just that Hoyt was misleading everyone in thier ADS.

As far as winning everything and setting records..........

I give you Jeff Hopkins 5X 5X 5X ASA winner. I also give you Reo Wilde World champion in Nimes France.

Your turn...... what has Hoyt set records in?;)

·
Just shoot it!!!
3,178 Posts
Archeryboy! No need to get upset. It seems you love Mathews. If I got everything from them for free like you, I’ll love them too.

Monty

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Arceryboy,

You obviously haven't seen the video that they sent to all of their dealers. They are saying the cam 1/2 is an inferior cam design and that Hoyt advertising was misleading...

Misleading advertising???... Now that's an oxymoron.

The records that I'm aware of are that of Dave Cousins at Redding, CA. and Mary Zorn just set a FITA record recently... Who knows there may be more that I don't know about...

And though it isn't a record, Chance and Tony cleaned up at the NFAA indoors this year...

My point is, that the cam 1/2 can't be all that bad of a cam system or it wouldn't allow these shooters to post high scores and win with them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts