Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far do you go to shoot league and how long does it take you to get there? It takes me 50-60 minutes to drive 35 miles

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
20 minute ride from a 40 acre "archery only" club grounds, with 2-28 sta.3d courses a 28 sta. broad head silhouette course, outdoor range to 70 yards with a 2-level elevated shooting tower and a well lit 16 lane indoor range w/full kitchen and bar with 3 beers on tap......that's "Rib Mountain Bowmen", Brokaw, Wi.

·
Registered
630 Posts
15 min. Archery Club league. About 4 miles from home.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
How far do you go to shoot league and how long does it take you to get there? It takes me 50-60 minutes to drive 35 miles
About 3 miles. Maybe 5 minute drive.

BUT, it is funny you ask that. My dad drives an hour each way (45 miles). There is an Archery Club in the town he lives in. Very nice place. For the most part good guys. It's just a matter of fact that I shoot here and this is a great club, with a great bunch of guys and a grew bow pro shop associated with it. We've talked about when I move from here that I'll probably stay in this club instead of join the one in dad's town.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm lucky. 5 mile drive that takes 10 minutes tops. Local shop has an indoor 5 spot league. Not a competitive league, more of a place to work on becoming a better shot and socializing.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
I'm about the same distance and drive time. The bad part is that I have to drive it in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
51,110 Posts
15 to 20 minutes to our club. But I live in an area where there is at least 5 or 6 clubs with in about 50 mile radius.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
15 to 20 minutes to our club. But I live in an area where there is at least 5 or 6 clubs with in about 50 mile radius.
Thats about how it is for me. 20 mins from j&l for indoor 3d and 60 mins to columbus for spots

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
45min drive to get to the nearest and best indoor range close.Next house i will be building a pole building for 20yrd indoor inside range at home.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'll find out Sunday but it shouldn't be more than about 30-35 minutes. I'm meeting the president of the local club and he's taking me to the range to check out to see if I want to join up. League starts next month. I'm excited and not even joined up yet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm pretty fortunate...3 miles/7 minutes & 5 miles/12 minutes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts