Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fletch my first arrow and this is already tickin me off. I'm using some old 4" duravanes to experiment and the uni fletcher. If I put the vane all the way into the clamp so that only the base sticks out, only the very edge seems to touch the arrow. The base of the vane ends up at angle no where need the arrow. If I let a little more of the vane stick out it sort of solves that problem, but I end up with gaps where both tips of the vane touch the arrow fine but then theres a gap somewhere in the middle. I dont even want to get started on what happens when I try to set an offset. I hope these problems are me and not the fletcher cause if its the fletcher I wont be happy, since I bought it on here under the impression it was a grayling and it turned out to be this thing. I've heard a lot of good things about the graylings, but I've never heard a thing about the "uni fletcher" :mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was having some of those same problems when I started eariler this year. I was putting the vein to far down in the clamp and was not allowing the vein to fully seat on the arrow. Try leaving around a 1/4" or so sticking out of the clamp. I use quantium fletching glue (like super glue) rather than fletch tight or other longer setup time glue and it has worked well for me. Once you place the vein on the arrow kinda push down on it then let it sit for like 3-4 seconds then open the clamp up to take the stress off the vein then close the clamp and push it down flush with the clamp. I was just as frustrated as you when my veins didnt get seated right and they flew off after just a couple shots. One last step my buddy showed me was to put one tiny dot of glue on the leading edge of the vein and they will not come off. This method works for me but is by far not the only way or even the best way I'm sure lol but everyone has various ways of achieving the same goal. Hope this helps some bud

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
if its a grayling, just unscrew the hand screw on top and manuever that around with the vane in the clamp on the shaft. if you play with it a bit with no glue, you will find a sweet spot. When you get the vane all the way on the shaft, lock that screw down. Check it once more by putting the vane back on the shaft to make sure it is where you want it. you should be good to go then. If you need more help PM me and I will see what I can do. I hope that helps. Each arrow/vane combo is different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts