Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
Mine is 5 3/16 from bottom of nock point [bottom of the top part of D-loop] to the center of peep.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think it is possible for a peep to be too high or low, based on where an individual anchors. The way I have always determined the location for my peep is to close my eyes, draw my bow, and come to anchor. Wherever my eye is looking at the string is where my peep goes. I will then fine tune it a quater to half an inch, depending on the bow I am shooting.

Hope that helps
CG

·
Registered
718 Posts
Center of nock to center of peep is 4 3/4" on my bow as measured at rest. As a static measurement {bow at rest as opposed to full draw} this is not too important. The real measurement to worry about is at full draw center of arrow shaft to center of peep, because this is where it is when you are looking at it. This is the important distance to "transfer" to the new bow when setting one up. Not so easy to measure but when a bow is at rest they may all measure slightly different even though set properly at full draw {unless we are talking identical bows.} ATA which changes string angle, and also cam size and design will make it different at rest. I cannot transfer the 4 3/4" measurement from a bow that is 31" ATA and set it that way on one that measures 36" ATA. It will be close and I will be able to zero the bow but I will have to change my anchor somewhat. This is not so bad if I only have one bow...but if my other bow is not identical it can cause some problems, especially if I am trying to shoot either bow with the same degree of accuracy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
5 1/2"

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
mine is 4 1/2" from center of peep to center of d-loop with the nuckel of my pointing finger in my ear, been thinking of trying a kisser button on one of my bows which would lengthen those measurements quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Axle to axle length will effect how far your peep is from loop also. Longer a to a bows wont be as far as shorter bows.

·
edthearcher
6,458 Posts
they can vary from archer to archer,
some i have installed are from 5 inches to 6 1/4
anchor point, head size, axle to axle all fit into height of peep
i find most important in selection is at 20 yards sight housing and pin should be in the center of the peep. as a starting point.
the longer distance you are shooting it will tend to drop the pin down towards the bottom of your peep

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
5 1/2" from bottom of nock point "bottom of the top D-loop knot" to the center of peep.

Rick

·
Registered
600 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts