Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how far off is too far for brace height and axle to axle.

I have a Bowtech 101st.

It is supposed to be 36 1/4" axle to axle and 7 1/4" brace height.

Mine is 36 5/8" axle to axle and 7 1/8" brace height.

I have never measured it before so it may have always been this way. It is about 19 months old and shot an average of 3 times a week.

·
Registered
725 Posts
That's probably not too far off for your bow to shoot good. If it was me I'd fix it even if it meant re-tuning and re-sighting. Put a few twists into the string and cables. That will bring your ATA closer and move your brace height out. It will also increase your poundage giving you more speed but a harder draw. Just IMO. Hope this helps! -Chris

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
generally if you're going to put twist(s) in the cable(s) you have to untwist the string, but let the measurements tell you what's needed.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
If you are within 1/4in. you are fine. The measurments are approximate guidlines. Guys get anal about this stuff. Can you imagine how many deer have been killed with bows that were so called out of spec. Guys these are bows not instruments used in open heart surgery. But to each his own.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,756 Posts
If you are within 1/4in. you are fine. The measurments are approximate guidlines. Guys get anal about this stuff. Can you imagine how many deer have been killed with bows that were so called out of spec. Guys these are bows not instruments used in open heart surgery. But to each his own.
completepassthru is pretty much saying all. If picky, and I can't blame you, max draw weight is what you look for. If there and bringing ata to specs holds the max draw weight you then have the proper pre-load.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Don't forget. All measurements are made at max DW with limb bolts all the way in.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to use mine for open heart surgery as well as lung deflation.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
i tend to go with being within 1/8 of inch for measurements, which your right at, i would just verify the cams are timed together and if they are no worries, your close enough

1 - 10 of 10 Posts