Archery Talk Forum banner

How Far Will An Arrow Fly?

15755 Views 47 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  tote
When we were kids we used to shoot arrows in this big open field just to see how far they'd fly. I'm sitting in my turkey blind bored a little bit and started wondering how far an arrow will go out of my compound bow. Anybody try it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When we were kids we used to shoot arrows in this big open field just to see how far they'd fly. I'm sitting in my turkey blind bored a little bit and started wondering how far an arrow will go out of my compound bow. Anybody try it?

See more
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
5,608 Posts
Not as far as the "English" claim their long bows used to kill accurately during the middle ages.......Pfffft

· Registered
520 Posts
I have a pond below my house that's roughly 375 yards away. I often think about launching one off my deck and seeing if I can hit it but I already lose to many overpriced arrows every year.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
A long long long way! Lol

· The Impartial Archer
24,848 Posts
I know right? You figure if you post something like that you'd give it a look. Haha
You people do know a mile is 1760 yards.......right. Not 1336. And that's a WORLD record.......not Joe average shooting in the backyard.....and NOT a foot bow either.....gezzzz. The guy also said well over a mile. I think some people will argue anything!

· Corripe Cervisiam
27,958 Posts
"Not even close to a mile" yet the first one on the list is 3/4 of a mile. Haha
So you consider 'off by a little'..................... being off by 1/4 of a mile- got it- grin

You guys know what the foot bow these guys are shooting to get those distances look like right? Not exactly germane to this discussion

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.