Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how fast a bow needs to shoot in order to install a drop away rest on it. My son is shooting a bear apprentice 3 at 25 lbs. looking to play around with one of the drop aways i have. He is currently shooting with a whisker bisquit. Im sure that is probably the best thing for him right now. Just curious thats all

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
Speed ,means nothing, timing the rest correctly for the bow set up is everything.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The biggest issue I see with drop-a-ways on youth bows is when the bow is drawn a little hard to the stops the rest will stop the 1 buss cable but the other one will continue to move and the bow will shoot like it is out of time.
This happens quite often with 2 cam youth bows
Best solution would be a Limbdriver.
JMO

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
The biggest issue I see with drop-a-ways on youth bows is when the bow is drawn a little hard to the stops the rest will stop the 1 buss cable but the other one will continue to move and the bow will shoot like it is out of time.
This happens quite often with 2 cam youth bows
Best solution would be a Limbdriver.
JMO
Yes your correct if the rest is incorrectly set up on a very low poundage bow this can happen---hence my response----properly timed.
Most people make the mistake of tying in the drop cord too short------it needs to be longer than normal to keep from pulling the bow out of time.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Im no kid, but this is why i use a limb driver.. Timing it is simple as it gets and theres no cable issues. If the cord stretches a little, which will only happen in the beginning, all you have to do is loosen up the pinch bolt at the rest and pull it a little tighter until its back in time.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have a limbdriver pro v i could throw on there.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
The rest that stay in the cocked position don't always work good on small kids bows. They need that extra little pull right at the end to activate the rest and the cables don't have much tension on low poundage and small kids don't always pull them back all the way every shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts