Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my release and broke a fiber on the back of my sight called the shop and he has it but I've never done it before is it a big deal..... Season is thurs so I guess somethin was bound to come up

·
Premium Member
5,128 Posts
I found a manual online showing how to change the fiber optic on my sight. Depends on the sight I guess. Mine wasn't too hard. It Is an older 3 pin Trophy Ridge.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's on my g5 optix and of course its on the bottom floating pin. The shop only has the fiber not the pin need to get it ASAP elk hunting thurs morning

·
Registered
176 Posts
changing fibers are easy, aslong as u dont have to theard it through a bunch of slots and holes, if u do then make sure the fiber u get to replace is really flexiable

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Does he have the fiber on the coil like the sight or just the fiber optic? It sucks rewrapping int around that little white coil piece, but is doable and doesnt take too long. If it is on the coil it is easy.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By some of the posts I can find it looks like you need to melt the end is there any special trick too it

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Replacing the fiber is easy. Use soft heat if you have to make any sharp bends so it doesn't crack. I also fed a little extra through my pin and heated it to lock it in place and make the pin just a little bigger, though that's not necessary.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replacing the fiber is easy. Use soft heat if you have to make any sharp bends so it doesn't crack. I also fed a little extra through my pin and heated it to lock it in place and make the pin just a little bigger, though that's not necessary.
Ok gonna stop after work and grab some 1$ an inch hope I don't mess it up lol

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol yep guess 3 days before the season I don't have a choice gonna order some to have on hand though that's for sure

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
easy to do ....run extra through the pin ...heat(easy) not too hot ..then touch it (easy)...piece of cake....$1" isn't

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys i stopped by the shop and he just gave me about a foot of stuff he removed from another site so i got a little to screw up i'll let you know how it turns out lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
pain in the butt to thread, if its a wrap its kinda easy. I let it sit in the sun and it seems to be a little more flexible. Good Luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
522 Posts
They're easy to change. I changed 3 of my pins last year and it took 30 min tops. I used a lighter to make the end of the fiber mushroom. Also have heard of people using a hot piece of metal. It doesn't take much heat at all. Just take your time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts