Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am writing because I want to get some opinions. I have found that if I pull hard into the back wall versus just pulling enough to keep the bow drawn changes the point of impact from side to side. Does anyone have an opinion or advice on this? I am having a little trouble settling into one of these consistently. My old bow seemed to have a more solid back wall. Currently shooting a Halon 32 70 pound model turned down to 60.

·
Registered
124 Posts
From my understanding pulling harder or softer into the wall typically will affect your up and down misses more than your left right misses. My guess would be that when you are at full draw and pulling harder into your wall you are also simultaneously torquing the bow with your grip. You may try to find someone who can walk through creep tuning and torque tuning your bow and see if that helps with your misses.
Next time you get out and shoot come to full draw pulling hard into the wall and check your bubble to see if you are lined up perfect. Then do the same only pulling back hard enough to keep the bow back. My guess is your bubble alignment is different from some torque in your front hand that is occurring at the same time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey everyone I am writing because I want to get some opinions. I have found that if I pull hard into the back wall versus just pulling enough to keep the bow drawn changes the point of impact from side to side. Does anyone have an opinion or advice on this? I am having a little trouble settling into one of these consistently. My old bow seemed to have a more solid back wall. Currently shooting a Halon 32 70 pound model turned down to 60.
I would drop half inch on Draw length
But note with the can system on the halon you don't have to pull very hard into it they like a relaxed hold
Side note I can't shoot one with the 85% mods lift right misses

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts