Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, this will sound like a stupid question, comparing as it does 2 totally different bows, but having read about the Dorado, I am rather tempted to consider trying a take down recurve for the first time. The fact that the Dorado only goes as low as 35lb while I am shooting a 30lb Samick at the moment, might possibly be a bigger hurdle (?), but I would appreciate to hear what you all think out there...:smile:

·
Registered
478 Posts
:darkbeer:if you can shoot 30 pounds no problem, try the 35#.
if you struggle drawing the 30lb bow as it is, stay away from 35#.
but 5# is not that big a difference if 30# is easy for you.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Actualy you really want to try drawing the heavier wheight for a full shooting session before you make any decission.
I say that because what ever your comfortable wheight,5lb can be to much.
early last year I pulled a neck mussle after buying a new bow in a slightly higher wheight,,an yes it was just 5lb difference.
One option for you is to just buy the Dorado riser,then match it up with a set of lighter limbs from another manufacture that do make your wheight,in ILF convertable limbs this is easy as 30lb is upper medium wheight for them,,this is what I've done with my own Dorado.
A plus is that you can get exactly what you want and you get better limbs than the Hoyts cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts