Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have My Trykon Xl And Setup For Hunting Its Weight Is 6.10 Lbs. Just Wondering How Heavy Others Are To Compare. Its Got A Pretty Good Weight To It.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am not sure about the weight of my Switchback but I know it is not light. Here is what all I have on my bow:
Muzzy Zero Effect Next Generation
Copper John Dead Nuts Pro III
Rear Mount Single STS
2 3/4 Chubby Hunter Doinker w/ SIMS Stabilizer Enhancer
10 degree down Quick Disconnect
Brass Dampeners instead of stock Aluminum ones
I believe total weight is between 6.5 and 7.5lbs.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well you got me guessin...Im gonna weight mine tomorrow...lol...

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
5 pounds 5 ounces probly 6 even with a quiver and 4 arrows

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Bow: 4 lb. 3 oz.

Stabilizer: 12 oz.

Sight: 4 oz.

Rest: ?

Quiver: ?

Seeing as how the Arrow Web quiver is a little heavier than others because of it's construction I will say my bow falls somewhere between 6 and 7 pounds, but probably closer to 6 than 7 :wink:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i don't know for sure, maybe around a pound or so...
I love my longbow:darkbeer:

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
3 lbs for my recurve and around 6 1/2 lbs for my compound.

Sag.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I use my hunting bow for 3Ds as well and it is HEAVY! Really heavy, about 7.5-8#. It is so dead steady on target that the weight is staying for the hunting season, too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I tried to keep the weight on my bow to a minimum. Just the bow, rest, sight, a lite stabalizer and STS. I have a cat quiver for my arrows so that I do not have to add that weight and sound to my bow. I am guessing about 5 lbs total.

·
Registered
552 Posts
As stated above,the heavier bows/setups will aim much better although they may take some extra effort to haul around the woods!
Im more than willing to pack some extra weight to and from my treestands when deer huntin if its going to make my shooting more accurate,which it does.
The only time I try to shave weight off my bow is when Im elk hunting and trying to cover alot of ground........ most of it going up hill it seems!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
6 lb even - ready to go. Got a Cabelas backpack for toten it up and down hills or across hunting-not-allowed areas.

:cocktail:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have a Trykon and with everything on it and 3 arrows in the quiver, its 7pds11oz. I have a 1 pound stabilizer on it, but I like a heavy bow. Its more steady for me.

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
About 3 lbs. total weight. Recurve with 3 arrows, shooting tab, spare tab, and bracer. Quiver is one I made into my pack ala a horseman's quiver.
I do a lot of backcountry packing, so weight is a big deal for me.
I carry a flyweight tent, sleeping bag, and only the necessary Jeremiah Johnson stuff with me in a lightweight climber's pack (mountain hardwear trance).
High Speed/Low Drag is where it's at when you don't hunt 100 yds off the roadside and don't go where an atv can go.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My fellow bowhunters say my Trykon XL is to heavy it weights around 8 pounds but to me i can hold the bow dead steady. i can't seem to shoot a light bow anymore. but i can out shoot them with my heavy bow, so i don't listen to them. This is for all the guys that shoot a heavy bow, because thats what they like :beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts