Archery Talk Forum banner

How important is this?

788 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  shooter22
How important is it that when you look through your peep sight, that the scope housing completely fills the field of view? meaning is it important that the scope housing and the peep sight size "fit" one another.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30,683 Posts
I am sure there are different thoughts on this, but I was taught that when hunting you want the sight ring to fit just inside the peep. For targets, you should use a smaller peep so that just the pin sits in the center of it. I went to a smaller peep for targets, and have had much better results.

· Registered
1,878 Posts
You must be able to maintain concentricity without being distracted by having to review alinement through the shot process.
And for field rounds you must have a good field of view or you'll loose track of your envirenment.

For indoor the first part matters ---but the second doesn't as long as you don't lose track of your target.

· Registered
181 Posts
I, too, was taught that you want the sight ring to just fill the peep. However, it needs to be something that you can naturally acquire without having to be distracted about whether the sight ring is centered in the peep. The size of the sight ring in the peep must be such that it is second nature to get the sight ring in the center of the peep. Sometimes the sight ring acquisition is hard to make because the peep isn't in the perfect position.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
C Doyle has it pretty much right for hunting. You must maintain the concentric alignment to give you the Accuracy you want. It it is too small and you can not see the outer ring of the sight, you will likely be floating the pin around in the peep. One of the ways to get by with this is to have a kisser button or immaculate form that it 100% consistant.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.