Archery Talk Forum banner

How important is this?

512 Views 17 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  ShootToKill10
When you put your inserts in to allow them to sit for 24 hours? I finished up my arrows last night about ten and my bow will be ready about three could I go ahead and start shooting or do I have to wait?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,679 Posts
I would do whatever the glue bottle says to.................

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
I just GoatTuff them in and go shoot
follow your glue manufacturers instructions

· Registered
769 Posts
Never used the easton stuff. I usually use a 2 part marine epoxy on mine. If you heat it up it literally melts and evaporates so i dont need to clean up a mess and easy to get inserts out. I usually can start shooting in under 15 minutes. Drys quickly.

· Back Yard Champion
35,961 Posts
I used the epoxy/hardener that came with the arrows and inserts. (easton arrows)
Yeah, that stuff is the pits - 24 hr waiting period. We use several types of glue that dries under 15 minutes, some dry before you can nock the arrow.

· Registered
552 Posts
If the instructions say to wait I would wait, otherwise you'll be trying to dig money out of your target. I use Gorilla glue and they are done very fast and ready to go. I know it doesnt help you now but maybe in the future. Most of the pro shops that sell the Easton arrows dont use the glue that comes with them. I suggest you try something else next time. :)

· Registered
324 Posts
I would think you would be alright.That is all i use on my arrows and i would think the temperature the arrows are in would make a huge difference in the curing time of the epoxy.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These were my first arrows to fletch and put the inserts in so for future notice I will take the advise given. Thanks for your help keep the opinions coming on to as if you think I could go ahead and use them or not. Thanks

· Registered
866 Posts
youll be fine shooting them before. ive used that same epoxy on st axis arrows and i shot them in same amount of time period you would be and had no problems. you have nothing to worry about. next time use 5 min. epoxy and you wont have to wait but about 20 mins. before you can shoot them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.