Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many have had to use their "2 year warranty"? Because I have the bone collector super duper target or whatever its called.

I have shot every single spot on there trying to make it last..well I am just getting consistent pass throughs. One actually went through and put a hole in the back door to my garage!!! I got it in febuary and didnt think Id be blowing through it this fast!!!

I seen they require "proof of purchase" which basically means I am screwed as I didnt think to keep the dang receipt.

I want to either build a lifetime or buy a spyderweb, but aint got the cash for either at them moment. So I thought I might try and warranty this one...I mean it does after all have a 2 year warranty..

just figured Id ask, because I am sure Ill be out a target...unless they can work with me somehow.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
LOL, Good Luck... They will tell you to ship it back which was going to cost me More than the target itself. After Months of Hounding them i finally got them to send me a New one which lasted all of 3 weeks before passthroughs there. Just search my started threads from a few years ago. from what i have seen the outdoor range bags last alot better but i will NEVER buy another target from them.

I shoot alot and when i see a warranty on a product i figure it should be worth something if problems arise, Morrell just has it on there to sell more targets.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
I have a yellowjacket crossbow bag and it's about a year old now and it's still holding up great ,it's stopping my arrows just fine ,and I mainly shoot at the center,so far it's been pretty good .

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
Did you hang the target or just prop it up? If you did not hang the bag then it is your fault it is junk not theirs. You used it improperly. They are designed to be hung by the gromments in the top corners. If you did not do this I would say they are going to tell you it was neglect on your part because you did not use it properly. This is what it sounds like to me from your discription. Besides shipping it back is going to cost a ton in shipping and I really don't think they will cover that cost.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had a Outdoor Range bag that was less than a year old and was getting pass-throughs on. I called and spoke with a fellow named Butch who told me to send it back. I shipped it to them via USPS for around $25.00 and they shipped me a new target. I can not complain. They asked no questions and I thought they were fair.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dale, yes, I built a stand for this target...lol haha so quick to assume. I hung the bag from day one. I shot at EVERY spot on the target, and turned it every 100 to 150 shots.

Here are pictures if you dont believe me...

This was a picture taken in febuary.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Just so you know, bags need to not only be turned, but taken down and stomped senseless from time to time. This alone will stop the pass throughs. When the cover gets trashed just put a new one on it.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buster...I have jumped, stomped and stood on the dang thing. It just doesnt stop my arrows anymore....if they aint passing through, then there buried to the fletchings.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought one of their bh targets. I could not get my arrows out, had to take it apart every time. They had started to use different size'd little chunks of foam and they'd shift and trap your BH. They sent me a new one the next day. I talked to Bernie maybe...it's been 3-4 years....and he was super nice about the deal. I donated the other one to my local club.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I have contacted them a few times with questions and they have always gievn great information. I have not have to return a traget yet and my Yellow jacket Supreme Field Point Target held up for 3 plus years I have replaced the cover a lot less money and even added more material (polyfill from Walmart) and it is still going strong but with the added material it added weight and one of the grommets started pulling out. Bernie recommended that I put a board on my target stand to support the heavier target that was last year and it helped. I shoot large 2514 and they take their toll quickly and have yet to have a pass thru even when I switched to FMJ's. So I would ay they have good CS. But again never heard them having an issue with their CS, just that some have high expecations on something lasting forever. Today most everything is is through away so when you can extend a products lfe with a low cost replacement cover it just seems to be the way to go. Replacing the cover is not to hard to do if you have DIY Skills.

Good Luck,
LFM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts