Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some constructive criticism pleade IMG_0844.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks pretty good to me! What is the reason you are asking? It m sure people can find things to pick at but if it works for you then why change it?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Nice bow. DL looks good to me. Overall looks good.

Most important question regarding form is how are you shooting?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice bow. DL looks good to me. Overall looks good.

Most important question regarding form is how are you shooting?
First day lights out. Few days later not so good. I don’t have access to instructors, thus the reason for my post. IMG_0830.JPG

·
Registered
25,256 Posts
Looks good to me. I haven't seen many hoyts lately but whys it look like the bottom limb is backed all the way out and top limb all the way in? Or is that how they all are? Sorry I've just never noticed it before. Groups look good though

·
Registered
784 Posts
Stop shooting groups, as you improve it will get expensive.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing. If you are grouping like that, and have a steady pin float, don't change a thing.

If you do have a significant pin float, add some stabilizer weight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't change a thing. If you are grouping like that, and have a steady pin float, don't change a thing.

If you do have a significant pin float, add some stabilizer weight.
The only thing I notice is when I come to full draw, at 20 yards my pin seem to be slightly below my target. So how do I compensate? Add some weight to the rear stabilizer or pivot my right hip slightly?

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
It looks like your tillers are way off, man. It looks like you have 3 or 4 turns out of the bottom and none out of the top. I'm sure some consistency will come back into play after you fix that up (if that is the case). Form looks great and repeatable!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
The only thing I notice is when I come to full draw, at 20 yards my pin seem to be slightly below my target. So how do I compensate? Add some weight to the rear stabilizer or pivot my right hip slightly?

I have the same problem at times when I start to get fatigued. Feels as though someone is holding the bow down as I am trying to raise it.
I added more weight to the front and tried it. Then added more to my side bar (1oz at a time). I have my side bar positioned now with enough weight on it to balance it out at full draw to level my bubble. One less thing to worry about in my shot sequence.

You may sight your pin on the bottom of the bullseye since that is your holding area. For now anyway.... It's a struggle that I deal with most of the time.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
It looks like your tillers are way off, man. It looks like you have 3 or 4 turns out of the bottom and none out of the top. I'm sure some consistency will come back into play after you fix
Sure that's just the camera angle which is nearly perpendicular to the bottom limb pocket, but skewed with the top pocket. Same reason you can only see the near limb on the bottom, but can see both limbs on the top.

Form looks pretty good to me. Raising the peep/lowering the anchor may help keep the bow up. If you had a big drop off in accuracy after the first couple days, something may have moved on the bow, but IMO, you may be thinking about it too much and trying too hard rather than shooting relaxed.

·
Cato
4,077 Posts
Might try lengthening loop length a little just for funnies. Front shoulder looks little high. Lengthening loop should settle bow arm a little lower. Keep in mind I am no expert. :)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Get on Youtube and study the Griv TAW (thing a week) especially TAW #9 on the front shoulder, and Calledout GRIV video on rear shoulder. These will help you from dropping down out of the X ring. Research bow hand grip position, this thing is not a pistol. Your release hand needs to relax and extend your fingers, looks tense

1 - 15 of 15 Posts