Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this rub 30 yards from my stand a couple weeks ago...

Thursday morning ill be out there! Going to move my trail camera by it to see if I can catch this beast on film.

My cousin is about 5'9" tall.. :darkbeer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure...first year hunting this land! just picked it up three weeks ago!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it in an atv trail?

yeah there is an atv trail that goes to on the left of the pic. the other one is from deer I believe..then it heads straight into a fence and into the neighbors property.

·
Registered
804 Posts
not saying it is not a rub but is does look like a atv trail. could it have been run over?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not saying it is not a rub but is does look like a atv trail. could it have been run over?

thats what we thought to but the atv trail goes to the left then the smaller trail in the right goes into a fence and onto the other side..

im hoping its a rub because otherwise the guy on the atv is very good at bunny hopping fences.. :confused:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Any hair left on the rub??? Or motor oil??:zip:

·
Banned
3,965 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
sure looks like it's been run over by an atv to have that much rubbed off that high up. but maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me:darkbeer:
good luck if it's a deer doing that though! :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
rub - this early

I don't think that's a rub, not this early- not in Il. I found a couple myself[ I live in central Il. by peoria] I think that is probably just where they were rubbing the velvet off.They don't start making rubs until late Oct. early Nov. right.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if it was hit by an atv then thats a strong small tree...an an acrobatic driver.. there were deer tracks all around it too.. thats why we thought it was a rub.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Looks like a Polaris sportsman 500, or a Honda Rancher 420..:darkbeer:Hey just poking fun! You know it was coming!! LOL:mg:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
knowing my cousin he is probably pulling a fast one on me.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Looks like a Polaris sportsman 500, or a Honda Rancher 420..:darkbeer:Hey just poking fun! You know it was coming!! LOL:mg:
You beat me to it.LOL I was thinking the polaris because the honda would of got hung up.LOL

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Pulled one on a buddy several years ago--was checking feeders and stands by myself, and had a piece of a t-post that I had picked up along the fence. I used it to "rub" a cedar about 8" in diameter--and I rubbed it good! When he saw it several days later, you would have thought he had discovered gold!

·
Registered
935 Posts

Had to be the Honda cuz the Polaris would have fell apart trying to get over it. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts