Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They keep getting shorter and "better", who's gonna come out with one less than 28" first? 26", maybe 24"? It'll be the best treestand and blind bow ever.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shorter ATA and dinner plate sized cams . Gotta keep the people buying new bows.
Exactly, will be the smoothest most accurate bow ever. Can't treestand hunt with anything over 30", much less something like 38"...24" axle to axle, 5.3 lb mass weight. Come on Mathews 2019.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,328 Posts
Mathews could make one that's 10" ATA and they'd still sell a ton of them. Buyers wouldn't be able to hit the broadside of a barn with them but they would buy them up anyway.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Mathews could make one that's 10" ATA and they'd still sell a ton of them. Buyers wouldn't be able to hit the broadside of a barn with them but they would buy them up anyway.
^^^^^^ That's the damn truth right there!!!!!! It'll still weigh 5 lbs., Lol

·
Back Yard Champion
28,922 Posts
Evidently you're talking major bow companies. Gearhead has already been noted and the things shoot great. I think the Liberty bow has a 21" ata.

Really don't care. Before "you gotta have short" I hunted with a 60" Fred Bear recurve. Later, Hoyt MagnaTec with 37 5/8" ata and later my UltraTec with 38 1/2" ata. Shortest bow I'll ever owned and is my last hunting bow, a TX4 Pearson with 33 1/2".

Gets me is people cry for shorter, lighter bows and then throw on a "ton" stabs and accessories....

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
They keep getting shorter and "better", who's gonna come out with one less than 28" first? 26", maybe 24"? It'll be the best treestand and blind bow ever.....

I'll never buy one... :pukey:

·
Banned
18,640 Posts

I'll never buy one... and just who the hell says they are "better" ..... the best shooting bows are generally longer A to A set ups ... you dont see the top 3D or indoor shooters using these baby bows ...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I just bought a diff bow for more ATA... won't see me using anything small..

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll never buy one... and just who the hell says they are "better" ..... the best shooting bows are generally longer A to A set ups ... you dont see the top 3D or indoor shooters using these baby bows ...
The bow manufacturers and their paid shooter do, that's who. Why would anybody need anything longer or lighter? That's why nobody offers long/light hunting bows anymore I guess. Shorter and heavier is better evidently bc that's all that's available. That's why I figure it's only a matter of time before we see 24" and 6 lbs. That's why I'm still shooting a 2011 model bow....

·
Registered
11,397 Posts
you guys shooting long ATA bows are obviously over compensating for something.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,922 Posts
you guys shooting long ATA bows are obviously over compensating for something.
???

Longer ata bows have proven more stable, more accurate. Cam lean is less aggravated from bow at rest to bow fully drawn.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
1 foot ATA 350FPS. 10 inch frisbee cams
Dead in the hand, smooth, stacks arrows comes with a push button audio that’s says “smoked em”
$1299 MSRP

·
The Impartial Archer
18,232 Posts

I'm with you that they are getting shorter.....it's the better part I'm having issue with.........lol

1 - 20 of 142 Posts