Archery Talk Forum banner

How often do you upgrade your bow?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you keep a bow (or upgrade)?

Just curious how often everyone upgrades their bow(s)? Do you buy a few per year? Every year? Every two years?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Depends on the bow I currently have, and if I feel the new models coming out have something to offer me. As of now, I have no intentions of "upgrading" what I currently own.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I put 6-12 months. I've been told more than once that I have a wandering eye. It's a brain defect really. I think of it like target panic..... You just have to switch things up when things get routine :)

·
*Chick Repellent*
21,417 Posts
I've shot the same bow for quite a few years before upgrading. Buying new bows every single year is an incredible waste of money. But if you have the money to burn, go for it. Cuz I love to buy your used bows for about half of what you paid for it when it was new. lol

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I usually buy at least one new bow every year and maybe play around with used bows occasionally. This is the last year for me to buy new though, I'm sick of being the one who takes the loss on the resale.

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
Every 5-6 years. That's about how long it takes to see a significant difference over the current bow.

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Just curious if the OP is under 30 years of age...lol

you need to add more years to it....

I'm still shooting my antique bow that is from 2012...lol. And when I get parts back I'll be shooting my Oneida again as well- from 98 I think. The there are the recurves I shoot that are from the 70's, 80''s and one from 08 I think.

There is no reason to "upgrade" unless you're using a bow that's about 20 years old. Anything else is really just a "want".

·
Registered
376 Posts
Depends on how much i like my current bow. Bought a new bow in 2013, and 2014. Still like the 14 a lot. Don't need a new bow, but I always shoot the new stuff to see if I have to have one. Maybe 2016 will be the year. Maybe not.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I bought a '14 last Decmber on a great deal, and a '15 while the '14 was getting repaired and to then make it a back-up bow.

I see no reason to upgrade anytime soon.

The '14 will be my hunting bow, if it gets beat up a little in the process I will not care. The '15 is my 3D bow and I will continue to take very good care of it. I'm just like that.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I've averaged one bow a year for the last 7 yrs. I can't help it when the new bows come out every year, I pick the one that has what I wan't and I just have to have it. I would love to shoot a bunch of bows every year then decide but being a lefty makes that impossible around here.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I think i want to buy a Elite Synergy this year,i actually miss my Elite hunter..so i will buy at least 1 or 2 this fall...Grizz

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had one for 10 years when I finally decided to upgrade and went through 4 bows in 3 years before I tried an 09 elite GT500 and I will have this one a long time. Wish I would have tried this one earlier as I wasted enough money trying new bows.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just bought a hoyt nitrum, planning on keeping it for 8-10 yrs. The Parker before this, killed for 8 yrs and the hoyt before that, 10 yrs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts