Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old are you, How many years have you been BOW hunting and how many bucks have you shot with a bow?

Ill start. Im 23 this will be my 11th season bow hunting, and I have shot 8 bucks with my bow...and close to 30 does

·
Registered
305 Posts
24 been doing it since I can remember. not sure on how many deer I have shot but i would guess 10 bucks (196 largest) and countless does, got to be close to three figures. Been all over the world hunting as well. Never can get enough of it, always haunted by the drive to hunt.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I started bowhunting using trad when I was 16. Switched to wheels in my early to mid 30's. Ive only shot a few bucks with a bow but a bunch of does. Prolly 5 or 6 bucks and around 40 does as a guess.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am 45 I started bowhunting when I was 12 and took my first deer when I was 16. I have shot more deer than I can remember in that time but none were very big and most were does. I have hunted elk and antelope successfully as well as uncounted hogs and a dozen or so Alligators. All with a bow. I stopped hunting deer and hogs with a gun over 20 years ago.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Started when I was 12 and I'm 42 so been chasin for 30 years......If you count small game probably 34 years. First buck at 13.....honestly lost count of total number but I can say I've harvested quite a few.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm 22 and been bow hunting since I was 16 so only 6 years. Shot 4 bucks but I have only hunted state land witht he exception of last year so that's not too bad I don't think.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
I think Ive been bow hunting for nearly a dozen seasons. Ive gotten maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany does and 6 buck with the bow. I killed 2 coyotes, some grouse a pheasent, woodchucks, starlings, chipmunk, rabid cat, squirrels, and a frog. LOL The birds werent flying though.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
39 yrs old, been bowhunting since 1988 (guess thats about 23 yrs). Bunch, I don't really know.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm 48, been deer hunting since I was 12, started bowhunting when I was 18, this will be my 31st season of bowhunting. PA is a 1 buck per year state, I've killed 17 buck with a bow and I dont know how many doe. Also bagged 9 buck with a rifle. First deer was a doe when I was 13, shot with a Marlin 30-30.

·
Registered
15,527 Posts
51 started hunting when i was 12. Couple bucks here and there..

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I'm 29, been bow hunting scince 2002. I have taken 4 bucks with my bow and 6 does. Taken a deer every year with my bow from the start. In 09' I took a buck, 2 does, and 2 coyotes with my bow!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm 24 killed my first deer with a bow at age 7 have killed three p&y biggest being 156 don't even know the total amount of deer I'm gonna guess around 40 and have only killed a handful with a rifle gun hunting sucks!!

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
i'm 62 ..shooting bow at 6yr.old ....killed first deer at 16...46yrs hunting and killed over 400+ deer. appx. a third were bucks....yeah, i have a few on the walls.

like CLINT EASTWOOD said..."i've killed about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another" and i'm here to kill you, MR DEER!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm 45, and I have been bowhunting 32 years. Have no idea how many animals that I have taken, but i've been successful with longbows, recurves, and compound bows.

·
Registered
16,633 Posts
23 years and only two on the walls as far as buck plus smaller bucks but don't know how many. Id have to go count them

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,589 Posts
I am 48 been hunting 25 years have taken 91 deer with bow, 18 are bucks, I do alot of hunting for a local village so I kill alot of does. Have seven bucks on the wall, two bears and have killed four turkeys and have taken a couple of yotes, all with a bow

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
30 years old. Started bowhunting at 25. Only two bucks, lots of does, a couple turkeys, coyote, ****, etc.
These are my two bowkill bucks. I've had my chances at bigger bucks but haven't been able to seal the deal, yet. euro mounts 002a.jpg

1 - 20 of 48 Posts