Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
No one can really answer that question for you. You're going to have to try out a few different lengths and weights to find the right one for you. Also give some v-bars some consideration too. What works for one person on their bow, may not work for another person on their bow. My advice to you is to find a stabilizer that you can customize with different weights to find that perfect match. Doinker and Shrewd are both excellent choices that come in different lengths and have weights that you can add and take away to make them a perfect fit.

Best of luck - let us know what you decide on and how much of a difference it makes for you.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will be shooting comp class...unlimited, and the bow is a pro40 dually by bowtech.....i just ordered a 18.5" doinker carbon elite from lancaster...i had a beiter 30" and it worked good, but i just think it was too long...thanks.

·
74,535 Posts
Stabilizer

I would choose atleast 24" - 30" 30" is pretty popular. I use 30" one for indoor and 3d.

R

·
0 Posts
There's only one to know, Go to the pro shop and start slappin then on and shootin them till YOUR group is up to your standards. you will see the differents in each group, I like to test my stabilzers at 40 yards..
The Hood

·
Registered
516 Posts
3d=target

In my opinion if you are entering a 3D competition it´s pretty much the same idea as if you was entering a target shoot cause the goal is to hit the innermost ring of the target, regardless of what the target looks like.

Now in my opinion the steadier the aim the better, that is why I tried using a 35" beiter on the MQ1 i had prior to my Max3000 at a 3D shoot and that was a very possitive experience for me, now if I had only judged the yardage right it would have helped my score alot lol. but the ones that I got the yardage right on were all good shots and I give the credit for that to the stabilizer.

For hunting on the other hand you would probably want a shorter stabilizer cause you want a bow that is more manuverable in confined spaces such as blinds or treestands in addition there are no rings on the animals that say where you have to put the arrow for it to be a kill shot.

My 0.02$

Magnus Edström

1 - 10 of 10 Posts