Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get to your hunting spot?

I'm trying to convince myself 40mins each way isn't that bad.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
No more than 3 minutes, but I usually walk.

·
Registered
832 Posts
One spot is 25 minutes and the other is 45 minutes. 40 minutes isn't to far at all.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I drive 35-40 minutes. No big deal. Gas adds up though.

·
Registered
17,370 Posts
My main hunting spot and only one in Michigan is 1.5 hrs one way. I usually go 6-10 time in Oct and double that in November and about 8 times in Dec.

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
one place is 75 miles one way .We will hunt there 2 - 3 times a week or Sat after work in early season . The other here I am on stand in 10 minutes after I walk out my back door .

·
Registered
116 Posts
My favorite spot is 70 miles away but have three others that have really been productive this year those are 10 or less .

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Most of my spots are within 5 miles, but if have one that is 20 miles and another that is 30. My farm is a three hour drive one way but I only hunt that a few times per year.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The private land I hunt is 20 minutes away and some decent public land is 10 minutes.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
I drive 45 min. to the one I hunt the most. I drive 15 in. to another (Public) & another 30 min.. When I lived in Ill. (My home state) my closest place my entire time was right at an hour & all others over an hour. My brother drives 45 min & my son drives 45 min..

·
Registered
656 Posts
most of my spots are 20 min away. other than those i go up to five hours one way for sheep, mule deer & elk. i dont go more than 30 min drive if im not spending multiple days to make it worth the fuel.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts