Archery Talk Forum banner

how long till they come back?

668 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Shouldernuke!
i shot a big doe yesterday. she was with 4 other does, and they all spooked at the shot. the deer died right there, bleeding, serious blood, all over the place. this is a really heavy, but small feeding area, and she bled all over it. how long do you think it will take for the others to come back? will all the blood bother them? thanks for any info!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,442 Posts
I have shot deer on consecutive days out of the same tree. The gut pile was within 40 yards of the tree. It was almost gone, but the deer didn't care.. They just followed the same path they always did.

· Registered
177 Posts
I shot a doe and she had 2 or 3 w/ her and she ran a hundred yds or so and died...and these deer have crossed that holler for YEARS the owner told me which you can see the trails that the deer have...they would always feed all over the side of the ridges but anyhow....since then I have seen 0 deer:(....and this happened like last month the 9th or so...but then again it may take sum time......good luck though

· Registered
12,464 Posts
Last year I shot the lead doe out of a group of four late in the evening. The very next evening the remaining 3 deer stepped out in the exact same spot. I also got to watch two of those does fight for 30 minutes.

I have shot deer and had them not show for weeks again as well.

· Registered
10,765 Posts
:)Since they were there when you shot thedeer and spooked badly I wouldn't hold my breath they may or may not come back through they are likely to just take another trail for some time to come .You may however get some other deer to pass by in a day or two as they were not there when the string fell!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.