Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new bow yesterday. A Darton Avalanche. My first bow in about 10 - 15 yrs. After the shop set it all up, they recommended leaving the draw length a bit short, saying that everything should stretch a bit with use.
I'll be keeping the bow set at about 70 lbs. In anybodies opinion, how many shots till everything settles in & how much do you think draw length should change?
John

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am using a darton executive vegas. I was told (don't remember by whom) that 100 shot will be enough for stretch. I am not sure how long the drawlength will change. but my 0.2 is to adjust it till you feel comfortable and the elbow of your drawing arm is in line with the drawing force.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It depends on the string material used. Modern materials such as Ultracam or 452 will not stretch at all. If some other type of material is used, I would say a couple hundred shots should give you a good indication.

·
Banned
843 Posts
no 2 bows are 100%alike even the same model,same draw,cam,weight,made the same day. 50-200 shots depending on about as many variables as anybody can think of.I just ordered a LH Darton Rampage Express 70lb.31.5" draw superflauge,puttin a copper john 5 pin and a NAP QT drop away,a Shorty Gold Key Tranq.w/t Quik release,braided sling ,& Fin limb dampers. Gonna shoot Eastons heaviest 30"light speed arrow and 100 gr shockwaves with 3" L.hel. vanes. I have yet to see one fail in any way,no blades broken,always open,tip blows a pretty good hole,fly great,dont forget a washer or 2 if alum.I shot a 200ish lb. young bore at 20 yds,NAP head just cleared the far side of spine with a Hoyt Magna tech 31.5"draw at about 62lbs. with 28" 2314 xx78 3" L hel.arrow .blades were bent a lil bit but not that bad.Piggie kicked up some dust but went maybe 3'. everything about 3 vertibre south of the shoulder was feelin no pain.Pink bubblin lung foam and a lil wigglin for about 5 min,rest in peace beast,time to get your finger nails bloody.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts