Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Come on October!!!!
3,223 Posts
Wow!

I have a hard time getting 20-30 off during a session. Do you work????? I feel it is quality not quantity that makes a good practice session.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Usually an indoor 300 round or two a day, and then a 600 round (40, 50 , 60 yards)

Then just some practice on field spots....

·
32,875 Posts
I generally shoot 30 to 60 arrows a day but with this new Hoyt Protec, I just might up it to 50 to 100 a day. It is that easy on the bod!!!..........I do love the bow and the CJ Dead Nuts Pro 111 sight. Great combo! The TKO is working fine also. Bought another to put on my Bowtech but the WB is doing OK right now, just might leave it on a while.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im 14 and dont have a job and i do think quality is more important than quantity. that is why when im shooting good i shoot more arrows and when shooting sloppy i go into my base ment and blank bale for about an hour to get my shot more consistent.

Jordan

·
Registered
642 Posts
Your shooting too much. On average I shoot 70-80 arrows a day. I noticed when I get tired I loose my form and start punching the trigger, shooting too much can lead to bad habits and shoulder trouble years down the road.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I usually shoot 4 arrows per group, if I'm shooting like crap I usually shoot eight arrows. If it's going good I've gone 70 or so.

On average I'd put it between 18-24.

·
74,535 Posts
I shoot around 100 a day

Works for me. Fall indoor is about the same.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
practice doesnt make perfect
perfect practice makes perfect

When I used to shoot that much I found myself getting lazy with my shots, even got bored with archery.

This time of year 1 arrow with my comound about every 15-20 minutes at various distances from 8-70 yds with broadhead.

Inbetwen time I fling my longbow or recurve at 8-20 yds.

·
Registered
9,514 Posts
how many

when I do get to practice it's usually well over 100-150, but someday's I've spent literally all day shooting :mg: the nioce thing about reducing the weight of my bows, doesn't kill my shoulder :teeth: but I agree, quality over quantity is better. I didn't shoot that many last night, but I've got a few arrows needing new feathers :mg:

·
Registered
437 Posts
i used to shoot 200+ arrows a day until i got target panic :cry: and so once i got rid of it i started shooting alot less, and im just as accurate :tongue:

·
Find the arrow, dumb dog.
1,279 Posts
10 groups of 4 at (one each at the deer, turkey, javalina, bedded buck) = 40
10 groups of 4 at the bag (4 spots) = 40

total out at 80.

by that time the skeeters have sucked so much blood that I am light headed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have to say im about 200-300 on average, and when i had the time i was up to about 600 took about 6 hours practicing for FITA but id rather spend 6 hours on the field rather then sitting at home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.