Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got an email from my loving wife telling me that I need to not shoot as many arrows as I have been & it dawned on me.

How many arrows do most of you shoot either daily or weekly?

I've been shooting in my basement "my room" almost each night either with the R.H. Genisis 20# or my Bear Grizzly 45# for almost 2 weeks & I guess I'll shoot around 20-40 arrows total a night, my goal which I think I've improved apaun is to achieve my repeatable form.
Consistent grip on the bow.
Keeping my Bow arm straight.
Solid Anchor with my thumb joint against jaw bone.
Feeling my sholders are down.
Many times I'll hold for more than 15 seconds.

Am I doing too much?

· saskarcher
5,124 Posts
Today I got an email from my loving wife telling me that I need to not shoot as many arrows as I have been & it dawned on me.

How many arrows do most of you shoot either daily or weekly?

I've been shooting in my basement "my room" almost each night either with the R.H. Genisis 20# or my Bear Grizzly 45# for almost 2 weeks & I guess I'll shoot around 20-40 arrows total a night, my goal which I think I've improved apaun is to achieve my repeatable form.
Consistent grip on the bow.
Keeping my Bow arm straight.
Solid Anchor with my thumb joint against jaw bone.
Feeling my sholders are down.
Many times I'll hold for more than 15 seconds.

Am I doing too much?
mmm, me thinks its a cry from your ol lady...:wink::cocktail:
and perhaps you should be doing a little more for her.....jk:zip:

On the shooting... if your not sore or instilling bad habits...
carry on! :darkbeer: lol

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm, me thinks its a cry from your ol lady...:wink::cocktail:
and perhaps you should be doing a little more for her.....jk:zip:

On the shooting... if your not sore or instilling bad habits...
carry on! :darkbeer: lol
LOL, yeah I hear ya but when she gets home & then do the bath & bed time thing with the lil ones she is either doing more stuff on her PC "she's head of proposals {SP} at the company she works at" or she'll vedge at the TV for a bit till around 23:00.

Not really sore but know that I've had some what of a workout.

· Registered
10,066 Posts
Between 25 and 100 onaverage day, at least five days out of the week. I really don't have a regiment. I jsut shoot when/how much I feel like at the time. Before I'd shoot when I wasn't feeling it, and now I've got some more bad habbits:zip:.

· Registered
557 Posts
I shoot aprox 120-150 out of my wing comp II 35# target recurve and then about 200 or more out of my 2009 Martin Moab hunting compound at least 3-5 days per week and then go to tournys on the weekends with both. If she thinks it's too much maybe you should see if she wants a go at it and then you can spend time doing it together. Thats what I had my wife do and now she doesn't complain that I''m always gone. She just complains that she wants to shoot more often.:cheers:

· Registered
5,988 Posts
I shoot 100+ a day 4-5 times a week. However, if my wife emailed me and said I was doing it too much I might consider why she had to say that? In my case my kids help my cause by asking to go shoot.... "sorry hun, going to take the kids out for an hour and let them shoot".... :rolleyes:

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say that's a message that should be heeded. First she had to E-mail you...... Maybe she's got a different type of workout in mind.

Good shooting,
Chris
The email is easier on us during the day because of me turning wrenches at the dealership & her in on & off meetings through out the day.
But yes we have had a wierd scedule here lately.

sharpshooter359 said:
I shoot aprox 120-150 out of my wing comp II 35# target recurve and then about 200 or more out of my 2009 Martin Moab hunting compound at least 3-5 days per week and then go to tournys on the weekends with both. If she thinks it's too much maybe you should see if she wants a go at it and then you can spend time doing it together. Thats what I had my wife do and now she doesn't complain that I''m always gone. She just complains that she wants to shoot more often.
Well she does have a bow just haven't shot it much "not as much a bug as it has me" but she does enjoy it when she does shoot at spots.

· Registered
267 Posts
I too shoot in the basement (right at 15 yds) and will shoot around 50 a night with my trad gear or 30-40 with my compound. Many times it depends on if my girls are shooting with me. If I have some competition, we will turn loose 100 or more! :archer: We occasionally play some games to spice up the competitive edge. :wink:

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too shoot in the basement (right at 15 yds) and will shoot around 50 a night with my trad gear or 30-40 with my compound. Many times it depends on if my girls are shooting with me. If I have some competition, we will turn loose 100 or more! :archer: We occasionally play some games to spice up the competitive edge. :wink:
WOW 15 yads in the basement, that's a sweet house you have.
I'm lucky to have 7 yards inside & if I open the door to the drive way I'll get 15 yards.
My 7 Y.O. sometimes will shoot with me which makes it that much more enjoyable, one day I'll get my beter half to shoot with me in the basement too. :D

· Registered
267 Posts
I think I would go crazy at only 15 yds. Sorry, that just seems soooo close.
It is close for my compound, but the trad gear is fun. My girls are 12, 9, and 6 so it works out well for them. Two of them (the 12 and 6) shoot leagues at 10 yds with trad gear and the 9 yo shoots leagues at 20 with her compound.

Even though it is close, the release practice is coming along nicely. :wink:

· One crazy Mutant ;)
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well let me tell ya at 7 yards & my recurve I just look at the target & it just seems as though the arrow hit's the spot before I think about it.

I too like the cloase range for release work & fun plinking & what not.

My 7 Y.O. is still learning but I'd love it if she did get into a league, this year I'm taking her with me to as many a shoots that I can get her to go.
I only wish my 15 Y.O. "stays with her mom" didn't loose intrest, :( but that's OK I have my 2 Y.O. to teach. :D

· Registered
557 Posts
It is really close but whenever you can shoot it helps no matter what distance it is from. I had to quit using my compound in my house cause at 5 yrds my arrows were blowing through the bale and hitting the wall. Not a good thing when your trying to remodel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.