• 4 blades

Votes: 68 38.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about switching from 3 to 4 blade fixed broadheads, but I can't seem to pull the trigger on it. I like the idea of the extra blade for cutting, but are concerned that they will plane easier then the 3 blade broadheads. How many blades do you prefer on your broadheads and why?

·
I hate tundra!
1,524 Posts
Can't go wrong with Slick Trick's.

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,686 Posts
i have shot strikers,and monetecs with no problems but also have slick tricks as well with no problems....if your bow is tuned they will shoot

·
Registered
17,229 Posts
Slick Trick 4 blades fly great for me, you won't have any problems if your bow is in tune and your arrow shafts are spined correctly.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Slick Trick 4 blade heads for me as well. Simply the best all around head on the market IMO.
The 4th blade gives you extra tissue damage. I switched from 3 blade Muzzy's about seven years ago and have never looked back.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Another vote for Slick Trick's!!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Four blade Slick Trick Magnum for me. The easiest broadhead to tune I have ever used!

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Slick Trick 4 blade heads

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
LOL looks like the slick trick got this thread all tied up. Thats what I shoot also and you cant go wrong with them. I shot 3 this year total tracking distance 60 yards 1 went 40 one went 20 the other one went straight to the dirt. All three heads can be used again with new blades.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
3 blade Shuttle T's here

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Slick Tricks, I been shooting the standard, but I now have three Razor Tricks to try. If they fly as well as the standard there will be at least one in my quiver this fall.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been shooting 3-blade Muzzy 100's & have been thinking about switching to the MX-4's. I have nothing against slick tricks, but I've had great success with Muzzy's.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I like my Magnus Stinger 4-Blades. The secondary blades are bleeders and yet they fly just as well as the 2 blade model.

:izza:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oops...

I accidently clicked 3 Blade in the vote. But I use 125gr ST's. Sometimes I think my arrows are more accurate with the STs than with field points. Love 'em!

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
i havnt shot them all but my experiance has shown to me the 4 blades tend to fly better and plane less than 3 blade designs.. i almost shoot nothing but 4 blades and get great groups as far as 60 yards, and i just havnt shot them any farther than that

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
been bowhunting 54 years & 3 Blades always fly great.
I've used nothing but since the 70s-3 Blade Rocky Mountains...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts