Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is always talk about how many lbs of pull we shoot but I do not remember a thread that talked about how many FPS we all shoot.

The FPS, as we all know, is based on lbs of pull, length of pull, arrow weight, IBO/AMO bow speed, etc. IE., One person shooting 60 lbs but with 27" LOP will shoot less fps than a person shooting 55 lbs with a 32" LOP, given the same bow and arrow weight...so I was wondering...how many feet per second does everyone shoot?

I am at 273 fps.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
I really don't care about my fps. I set my bow up for holding weight of about 18-20 pounds. On my 2 target bows that equates to 278fps and 293fps according to my AM program.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
:noidea: I haven't shot my setup through a chrono.....don't really plan to anytime soon :)

But OT2 says I am in the 276 range.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I really don't care about my fps. I set my bow up for holding weight of about 18-20 pounds. On my 2 target bows that equates to 278fps and 293fps according to my AM program.
What he said...but according to OT2/Am somewhere around 278 ish...

·
Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
I don't know what its shooting, but I do have some concern because TAP estimates it at 308 (for the time being with the Gold Tips). I've got some 400, 430, and 470 ACEs that are heavy enough to get it under control before MY field season officially starts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Don't know and don't care as long as it's able to get the arrow at least 80yds.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
09 Vantage Elite
56lbs
28.75" draw
27" 470 Protour 110grn points 348grns
288fps

Wasnt going for a fast setup it just worked out that way.... But my bow is outta spec so what do I know!!!:D

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Don't know and don't care as long as it's able to get the arrow at least 80yds.
My thoughts exactly. I haven't chrono'd my bow, and have no plans to. It shoots what it shoots, and as long as I set my sight right:angry: it goes where I put the pin.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I can't believe we are discussing bow speed here.. isn't that one of those forbidden topics? WAY to close to Chewie territory... I don't give a rats you know what about how fast my bow shoots...

1 - 20 of 124 Posts