Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
I buy stuff from non-pro shops a lot. You can find deals on some of the higher priced items because most of the general public doesn't know what some of the stuff is so it sits for a year then gets marked way down, most of the time it is a great product with bad marketing.

· Registered
5,243 Posts
So far I've bought all my stuff either from the pro shop or used from friends. My hubby sometimes buys off the internet but I usually like to pick things up and look at them first.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
I am not real happy with the brands BassPro Shops carry. As far as Sport Super Stores, I like Cabelas and Gander Mountain over BassPro. Buy alot over internet and local pro shop.

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Everything from the internet for me and I do all of my own bow tuning. AT classified section will spoil you big time because you can get almost new stuff at great discounts.
Seems like a no brainer to me. Got to love AT if you want to try a new release, sight or a different bow but don't want to pay full price.

· Registered
552 Posts
So far for archery equipment just my local pro shops. Other hunting equipment wherever I can get it at a reasonable price. I don't buy much from Cabelas anymore, but Bass pro is close so I go there at times. I don't like buying most things online because I want to see and feel what I'm buying.

· Registered
5,116 Posts
I buy from all over, its about 58 minutes one way to one shop & about 55 minutes one way to the other shop. So your looking at about 2 hours driving time for each trip to the shop and that gets costly! I buy my bows from a friend who owns his own shop, he always does me right and I like to give him my business. Both me and the wife buy our arrows from nobody but Jerry at South Shore Archery Supply because of his quality work and dedication! He is the arrow Master!

· Registered
30,568 Posts
Our local "pro shop" is a mom n' pop bait shop with some guns and bows stuff to round out the inventory. I know folks who buy their gear from them, but when the older fellow who owns the shop suggested I buy a peep sight with the rubber tubing because he could never get peeps to align.............well that sealed it for me. I bought my bow, sight, rest, sling, stab, shafts/arrows, vanes, broadheads, rangefinder, release, etc through the AT classifieds at signifcantly reduced prices over retail. A couple times I have been burned by guys who were less than honest about product condition, but overall the AT classifieds have been a huge help in my modern archery journey. I still make a trip to Gander, Dick's and Cabelas to check out their archery stock when the opportunity arrises, but purchase the vast majority of my gear right here.

· Bent Not Broken
3,451 Posts
Anywhere I find a good price on a pricey item. At the same time I do try to support my shop. You know strings, arrows, service work, range time, and other things like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.