Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have always had 2 and a rubber button underneath. is one ok or do you need two. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want a loop so i need a nock. always had two. is one ok or do you actually need two. i feel silly asking but just want to know if anyone actually has a reason for two. i know it is a little insurance against it moving. i guess i am actually wondering if anyone uses one cause that is what i am thinking.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
When I was using the brass nock points, I used 1 while shooting fingers and 2 when I switched to a release off the string.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
sgrem said:
i have always had 2 and a rubber button underneath. is one ok or do you need two. thanks for your input.
Back when I shot my release off of the string directly, I had 2 brass nocks above and the rubber cushion below. Matter of fact, I would put 3 of the rubber cushions on the string and push the other 2 down to the bottom of the string. That way if the primary one wears out, I can just push up a new one without a press. I always shot with the 2 brass nocks because I didn't want it to slip and the pressure of the release against the nock.

I now shoot a loop, but I didn't switch to one until 2 years ago. Up until then I always shot off of the string.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I also don't like a loop. It's not quite as easy to pick up without looking down, when needed. I use 2 brass nocks and a rubber button also. I used to use just one, but I "Firewall" draw, and pulled a nick a couple inches up my string once, really screwed up my shot, it took me a couple more shots to figure out what the hey just happened.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josh Michaelis said:
May I ask why you dont want a loop?

I would go with two and a button if I had to
its not as fast to aquire the string and i dont want to look down etc. i know some can do it upside down with their eyes closed and hands tied behind their feet but i prefer going right to the string.

thanks all for input. i am gonna stick with two and the rubber button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts