Votes: 4 4.3%
  • other grip manufacturing

Votes: 13 14.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the feel of my wood grip but I started thinking you don't see many using them anymore and you definitely don't see them when they are shooting spots. So I'm just curious who is still using their wood grip and how many have switched to a different grip. If using a focus grip or Hoyt 180 just put that under other and reply in thread.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I shoot with my focus grip but hold onto the wood grip because its still nice to shoot.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like the fact that a wood grip feels much warmer than an aluminum riser on a chilly October morning, and it gives the bow a nice look, with today's bows even the wood grips don't seem to thick in the hand, not like the bows from years ago...

·
Registered
294 Posts
My Katera has wood sides but ultimately I've got that open hand hold and sitting in the web of my hand so as much as I love wood for a number of reasons its kind of a non issue . But that's my hold so...

Pete

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do want to try tennis grip. Does anyone shoot an Mr7 with tennis grip?

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Wood !! or I'll take a good wood side panel ....the rubber grips on bows cheapen them .... IMO ....when will some companies learn .....

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
If you could shoot and have a good grip, that wouldnt be a problem ..... :wink:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Both my bows have a "self grip" and I find that the easiest to shoot.
My hunting/3D bow is a Mathews Prestige
and my target bow is a Conquest 4
Both grips are exactly the same and I like that.

Hunting isn't an issue for me because my bow just sits on a hanger till I'm ready to pick it up to shoot. My hand doesn't get cold in 5 minutes. If I had to hold it all day that would be a different story.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ttt

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Shooting a wood grip now on my ZXT, the Chill R I have ordered has the focus grip

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
I love the way wood looks and I should well with the stock wooden grips on the bows I have owned.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where can i get a wood grip for my hoyt??? im shooting the 180 now and like a wood one a bit better
On their website or in the classified on here under accessories.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,705 Posts
where can i get a wood grip for my hoyt??? im shooting the 180 now and like a wood one a bit better
Google TorqueLess Grips. Dave makes many different grips and side plates. He is an artist at it.

I prefer TorqueLess Grips on all my bows. I do not have one at this time on my primary bow but I hope to get another one soon.

Here's some pics of a few TorqueLess Grips I've owned over the years.

Skeet.

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Single layer of Wilson Pro Overgrip over the bare riser and do work!! You get three strips with tape for $2 at any Walmart, and mine has been on for nearly a year and I'm still likin it!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
My PSE Firestorm has an awesome wood grip. I wish I had one like it for my Bear Mauler. It fills the hand well and you don't feel any need to grip it at all. I shoot nearly open-handed and the grip sits well in the palm. I've never understood why so many people on here seem to prefer to shoot w/o any grip at all or with just a tape wrap.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Both my carbons have wood side plates now. I tried the wrap on the target bows and did not care for it.

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
My Element G3 sports custom side plates.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts