Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you out there don't use a stabilizer? I just shot my mathews helim without any stab and the only difference I felt was a lighter bow. I've shot every b stinger weight/length/side bar configuration possible, I've also used ktech and limbsaver brands as well. Groups never seen much of a difference, but take in consideration I'm not a pro shooter. With that I'm just curious, how many of you have noticed this and chose to leave the stab off?

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I only use a stab to reduce noise from vibrations.
So I use a short one from Limbsaver.

I am sure a long stab would improve my accuracy on targets, but I don't see enough difference when hunting to justify attaching a longer stab to my hunting bow.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,487 Posts
I use front and side stabs on my hunting rig. I like the extra weight and I leave my quiver full of arrows on my bow while I hunt so the side bar does a lot for me balancing the bow back out. I draw with me eyes closed, get settled in, then open my eyes and see where the bubble is on my level. If it's not perfectly centered, I add or subtract weight to the side bar as needed until it is centered drawing that way. In the heat of the moment drawing on a good buck, I don't always remember to check level before the shot. Knowing it's already there is a huge help

·
Registered
846 Posts
I never used to, but after I started using stabs I noticed tighter groups beginning at 35 yards and further

1 - 7 of 7 Posts