Archery Talk Forum banner

How many P&Y bucks have you taken in one year?

1462 Views 31 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  henkiller2333
Just wondering what's the most numbers of P&Y whitetails AT readers has taken in one year? How many total in one year and how many in a lifetime??

No ranch stuff please.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
5,236 Posts
2 this year.

· Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4 in one year 2 years ago. Smallest was 148, then 154,161 and 167. 3 different states but all within 50 miles of each other. 16 total so far. No ranches, no outfitters and no leases and NO FENCES!
I hear what your saying!! Great job, I fully understand what you've had to do to accomplish your feat. You've put a lot of time and effort into your cause. I hunt the exact same way. I've been on one guided hunt my entire life and that was because my good friend won it and asked me to go along free of charge. I couldn't turn him down. I will say that the quality of whitetails that I saw on that hunt was beyond impressive and I can see how people repeat on huge whitetails year in and year out. To accomplish your task on free ranging public land whitetails is the equivelant of taking 40 or 50 on canned hunts where all the variables are controlled. Congrats and I hope that you continue your quest as long as the good lord allows you.

· Fishing Guide
3,020 Posts
I hear what your saying!! Great job, I fully understand what you've had to do to accomplish your feat. You've put a lot of time and effort into your cause. I hunt the exact same way. I've been on one guided hunt my entire life and that was because my good friend won it and asked me to go along free of charge. I couldn't turn him down. I will say that the quality of whitetails that I saw on that hunt was beyond impressive and I can see how people repeat on huge whitetails year in and year out. To accomplish your task on free ranging public land whitetails is the equivelant of taking 40 or 50 on canned hunts where all the variables are controlled. Congrats and I hope that you continue your quest as long as the good lord allows you.
Yeah, but it also helps to live in a big buck state, you can hunt really hard but that won't make big bucks show up that aren't there. There are a lot of great hunters out there that never shoot record book bucks because of their location.

I am also at zero, hunting the Adirondacks mostly, where any buck or bear with a bow is a trophy.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Two, thats all we are allowed to take by law. Weather its by bow, shotgun or muzzleloader. Only allowed to take two bucks per year....but we can take as many does as we want as long as we have tags:)

Oh! and I have taken two P&Y bucks in a season twice

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.