Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing that Mathews have lost a bunch of their shooters lately . who is left and where did the shooters go ?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Who really cares

·
74,535 Posts
Mathews will still sponsor more pros than any other manufactuer thats for sure.
Good for archery.
DB

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Contrary to what the Mathews bashers post,
MATHEWS will still be on the podiums in 2014

·
Registered
458 Posts
Guys move back and fourth all the time. The big name guys and gals are locked up for 4-8 year contracts, that's why you don't regularly see them move around. I know 4 or 5 guys off the top of my head that have gone from Hoyt to Mathews and from Mathews to pse and from pse to Mathews..........ect....... It's all about who will give you the best contract $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at the time. Few are lazy or have some loyalty that hold them where there at and few like me are lucky to be on and don't want to rock the boat and loose what we got. It's all about money!

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
I will shoot for Mathews if they pay me. LOL

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard a few went to elite.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I watch some videos on YouTube and I go to Lancaster and watch .when it comes to the final shoot off at the end it's nothin but red and yellow shirts and its been that way for years ,and most likely still will be that way.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,041 Posts
I heard a few went to elite.
keep fishing bro, eventually you'll get the bite you're wanting!!:thumbs_do

Seriously, haven't you got tired of these pot-stirring threads yet? Mathews has several great Pros that will continue to win and a few new Pros like McCarthy and Deaton that will make Mathews proud.

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,203 Posts
keep fishing bro, eventually you'll get the bite you're wanting!!:thumbs_do

Seriously, haven't you got tired of these pot-stirring threads yet? Mathews has several great Pros that will continue to win and a few new Pros like McCarthy and Deaton that will make Mathews proud.
Yea, not to mention Jamison and Bethal either...

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I stayed!

·
Registered
118 Posts
You lose some, you gain some....

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Mathews will still sponsor more pros than any other manufactuer thats for sure.
Good for archery.
DB
I believe Hoyt has the largest pro staff out there world wide.

·
74,535 Posts
I believe Hoyt has the largest pro staff out there world wide.
Im talking pros who receive a check and paid to shoot. Saying pro staff and not paying entry fees and some travel isn't considered pro staff to me. Mathews even does this for Senior pro rank guys.
DB

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Im talking pros who receive a check and paid to shoot. Saying pro staff and not paying entry fees and some travel isn't considered pro staff to me. Mathews even does this for Senior pro rank guys.
DB
Got it. You are probably right then. Although I'm not sure what Hoyt's international contracts are like. I know outside the US there are a lot fewer people who get to shoot for a living.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts