Archery Talk Forum banner

How many shots a day?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
i shoot about 50 a day depending on how nice it is outside.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
during indoor season usually 90-120...

in the summer during 3d season not quite as many........

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
20 Or 30 Per Day With The Recurve Year Round Outdoors As Long As It Is Not So Cold It Could Damage The Bow.

About The Same With Both Compounds Plus The Recurve Daily, For About 90 Shots Per Day From April Thru Oct.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I dont' shoot everyday but when I do it's probably 50-100 maybe more.

·
Registered
769 Posts
100 a day three times a week plus leagues

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I try to shoot at least 3 days a week. When I do shoot I try to get at least 40 shots in. Sometimes I'll shoot for hours, sometimes I'll only have 30-40 mins. Just have to make what shots I get in count.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I try to shoot at least 3 days a week. When I do shoot I try to get at least 40 shots in. Sometimes I'll shoot for hours, sometimes I'll only have 30-40 mins. Just have to make what shots I get in count.
I agree! It's not really "how many" shots you take, it's are they meaningful! If you just go down to the local shop and "wing" 200 arrows without shooting each one like you were in a tourney then I think you are wasting your time! It's very easy to get complacent, and just sling arrows! I feel you would benefit more with 25 "good" arrows both mentaly and physicaly, then 1000 randomly slung arrows! Granite you need to shoot regulary to keep muscle memory, and strength! Thats what blank bail can be used for! I personaly prefer to shoot very few warm up arrows, and then like to score! JUST LIKE IN COMPETITION! If you put some kind of "pressure" on yourself (mentaly) it will eventualy make you a better archer, and you will be able to shoot that perfect shot when the time is needed! Thanks for reading this, just had to put in my 10 cents worth!:wink:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I shoot about 80 shots per practice session, usually three days a week. with the price of gas, I may bring that down to twice a week, though.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I only get to a couple 3-d shoots a year so mostly I just stay sharp in the back yard all summer long. For me, I try to shoot a couple dozen perfectly executed shots each time I shoot. Quality over quantity. I practice as tho each shot is at that 200" mulie or the 350 class bull that haunts my dreams daily.When the time comes, I'll make it count.

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
Sorry...

...I thought this was the Jack Daniels thread...:confused:

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I don't shoot every day but try to shoot 2 or 3 times a week and when I do I would probably have to guess I shoot between 50 to 100 shoots each session.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
50-100 when I pracrtice alone but if I have friends them it can go into the 100s.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts