Archery Talk Forum banner

How many strands are mathews strings?

4642 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  x-it
Does anyone know how many strands are mathews strings.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15,839 Posts
I am not sure. I have heard 18 strands. BCY recommend 22 strands. I generally use 22 strands on the string and 24 strands on the cable. I don't know what material Mathews is using and BCY does make material to customer specifications too.

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Get ahold of Zebra, they can tell you for sure. They will also tell you serving sizes, ect.

Zebra Strings
919 River Road, P.O. Box 367
Sparta, WI 54656
Phone: (608) 269-1235

· Registered
1,479 Posts
On my S2 it had 18 strands of 452x, And 26 stands on cables , aslo talked to mathews string tec. He told me same thing now that there using 452x.
Dont now how many strands when they were using 8125, think it also was 18, so i was told.
Made my own set of strings of 452x, at 22 stands on string, and 24 on cables.
Put it through my chrony and speed is the same.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
452x will usually have about 22 strands, 8125 will usually have about 18 ultracam will usually have about 16 and cant tell you the rest without my string info. You can vary the amount of strands a little bit by using different serving sizes but you are limited a great deal if you want your nocks to fit your serving correctly.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.