Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 5 tags SO FAR. But only two of them are buck tags..I can get three more doe tags for January hunt or late season as they call it.
That would be a total of 8 Iowa deer for one bowhunter and a max of 2 bucks. If I owned some land I could get one more buck tag.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well in PA there's all sorts of different combos where you can get lots of doe tags depending on where you hunt, but its one buck per year. Me personally, looks like I'm going to end up with 5 doe tags, possibly a 6th, depending on a lottery yet to come, as well as my single buck tag. These deer can be taken with any weapon, no tags are weapon specific.

·
Registered
441 Posts
In AR we get 3 tags,one doe and two bucks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Only one buck in PA. So far, I've also applied for 2 doe tags. Just checked on how many doe tags are remaining my the region I live. Amazingly there's still some available! Hopefully, they'll last until I can apply for one more tag in the last application round. (We can only apply for one tag in each round, 3 does tags max in most of the state, but they are usually sold out after the first or second round.)

·
Registered
467 Posts
In Ohio we get 2 tags we all year. Im really jealous of you guys with 12 tags wow! We can either shoot 2 does or 1 buck and 1 doe.

·
74,535 Posts
Tags

3 Buck tags Oklaho

My ranch is part of wildlife program and we take all the does we can with permits. Usally get 30 extra tags. Cant seem to take enough does.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Shoes left out that we have sign in hunts on some WMA.s that dont count towards our limit .so in reallity you can shoot a heck alot more than 12. but my frezzer wont hold more than 6 the rest I have to donate or give away. WE are allowed 10 does and 2 bucks and one buck must have at least 4pts on one side,and some countys are QMD which is 16in main beams or 15in spead only in that county. Our state of georgia has more B&C an P&Y records than any other southern state. hunters took over 410.000 deer and 260.000 were does. It took an average hunter only 14 days to harvest a deer. Come on down and help us with this deer problem we have.:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
In my zone in SE Minnesota we get up to 5. One regular archery good for a doe or buck and up to 4 intensive harvest tags for does only. I bought my regular tag yesterday and two intensive harvest tags. I may buy one more tag depending on how things go and how full my freezer is.

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Parts of Ohio have "urban" tags which are doe only. If you live or have access to the right areas you can get one buck and 3-4 does.

·
Registered
239 Posts
As I recall - Alabama has a limit of one buck per day and season is about 60 days - anybody know for sure nowadays?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
The area I hunt in Michigan we can get tags for 1 doe/day for the season untill tags run out. I buy two doe tags and a combination lic. that has two tags for bucks the one can be any buck with 3" antlers the restricted tag buck must have 4 points on a side. Pluss spring and fall Turkey tags (2).

·
Registered
852 Posts
Here in NY, I ended up with (1) either sex tag, (1) antlerless tag, for bow/muzzleloader, (1) antlered tag for gun, and (2) doe tags for any of the above impliments, but restricted by DMU(zone)... I also have an either sex tag left over from last season that can be filled in the northern tier during the last 4 days of september, by bow only - so that gives me 6 going in(3 possible bucks)...

I also will most likely recieve some nuisance tags from a couple of local farms, and a couple of doe tags(legally transfered)

All in all, probably 10 or so... I wouldn't mind taking a nice buck, but am really more interested in filling my freezer, and taking care of a few landowner's meat needs - I don't mind shooting a few does at all... In fact, let a 135+ lb doe walk out in front of me, and see what happens...

- georgestrings

- georgestrings

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
In Illinois I am allowed only 2 bucks regardles of the method of taking (gun or bow). But I can kill one million does if I wanted too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Here in the Low Country of SC we can take as many Bucks that we want, but are limited to 2 per day. With the Does we have to buy tags and are only allowed 5 per year. I hunt on some management property, and we can take as many Does as we want on the property.

·
Registered
195 Posts
you guys all make me jealous.

oregon
1 elk tag
1 buck tag
and i finally got my doe tag after three years of trying

1 - 19 of 19 Posts