Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many times a week everyone else shoots. I shoot 3 to 4 times a week.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
I shoot every day but I'm retired and have lots of spare time. If I was still working and raising a family I probably would be limited to one or two days a week -- if that much.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Usually five times a week, at the least, though I am awaiting a set of replacement limbs right now so I haven't shot in a week or so, but generally at least five times. Even if it is just twenty five or so arrows in my living room after I get the kids to bed.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
how often

I try to shoot every day but things happen, or it might rain.

I only shoot outdoors at home.

And it is most of the year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
5-6 days a week. Even if I am tired and the nerve pain is really hurting me, I get that urge to shoot, sometimes at 2 a.m. in the shop doing 20 yard vegas targets. Addictive, sure, just like my martial arts and firearms, oh ya, and my job.:laser:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not enough

I would like to shoot at least 5 days. I actually manage to pull off about 3 on average. When work is particularly bad (which seems to be a lot lately), it has to drop to 1 :angry: as spending time with my boys still has to have priority:teeth:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I actually shoot somewhat often, multiple times a month, with one of my boys on my back in a backpack, my oldest is almost three, youngest is ten months, my oldest likes to watch dad shoot like Robinhood, and they both stay still when I ask them to, the oldest cause he understands what I mean when I say be still so daddy can shoot, the youngest stays still cause that backpack is like a sedative for him, when he gets cranky in he goes and he turns into the perfect baby.

so my shooting involves my boys, but now that I have been bringing the target into the house I can shoot without missing time with them.

Can't wait till they are old enough to shoot a recurve with dad.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Lately it's been a lot because hunting season opens soon. This Summer I was down to a few days a week (and scores reflected that), but during the Winter I often shoot 7 days a week.

·
Registered
971 Posts
STIHL said:
Just curious as to how many times a week everyone else shoots. I shoot 3 to 4 times a week.
7 to 14 and between 700 to 1000 shots Per week depending on what stage of my training program I am at and down to 20 shots per day when tapering
Cheers:)
Peter

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
3 or 4 times a week is probably average.

Right now I am shooting a little more than that:)

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Probably 4-5 times, and somedays I'll practice in the morning, and then again at night. Weather right now is perfect temps. in the mid to upper 70's, and it's starting to get cooler.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
during target season, about 3-4 times a week. two weeks before hunting season I shoot every night. As well as trying to shoot at least a couple shots a night after getting home from the stand, during season just to be sure nothing has moved.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
This time a year

This close to season I am 5 days out of 7.

During the non-peak times 2-3 times a week. But all year

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Usually between 2-3 times per week. Usually I shoot anywhere from 30-50 arrows each session. Keeps me in tune for the season.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
STIHL said:

Just like you, 3-4 times a week on average....some weeks every day and some weekends twice a day!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Blind bale daily, usually in the am before work begins and then shoot long distance (60-90 yrds) outside 3-4 days a week. I only shoot 30 yrds and closer to make sure my pins are sighted in or when I shoot in the office. Doing this has improved my shooting ALOT !!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts