Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many turns can I safely back out the limb bolts on a 2011 carbon element . It's 60-70 and I want to get it closer to 60 . Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
From my 2011 Hoyt manual...

Hoyt bows are capable of being reduced to 10 pounds lower
than the peak weight. For example, a Hoyt bow with a 60 lb.
max weight can be adjusted to as low as 50 lbs. Do not let out
or loosen your limb bolts more than 8 turns.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
8 turns should get you down below 60 easy. I was able to lower my 74lb maxxis down to about 57lbs after my shoulder surgery.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys , 8 turns just seems like alot?? I may run it over to the shop and stick it in the press before i back it out anymore,. I have went 4 turns so far ...

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
The limb bolt on that bow is 2 1/4" long.... Max turns out should be 8 without any problems.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
From my 2011 Hoyt manual...

Hoyt bows are capable of being reduced to 10 pounds lower
than the peak weight. For example, a Hoyt bow with a 60 lb.
max weight can be adjusted to as low as 50 lbs. Do not let out
or loosen your limb bolts more than 8 turns.
This is correct, 8 turns max but just do 7 for good measure

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
nuface, they are saying 8 turns is safe but that will take you below the minimum # specs for the bow, so if your bow is 70 maxed out & you turn it down 8 turns it could possible be at 40#. You need to check your bow weight & take off 1 turn on each limb & check it again & that will give you an idea how many # per turn to get to the 60# you want. You need a bow scale to be able to do this correctly or take it to you Pro Shop & have it done.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
most limb bolts will give you about 3# per turn, I think you may find 8 turns is primarily for working on the bow in a press,, if 10 pound reduction is what they give in reference to their weight range,, in would be wise to stop at 10# reduction,, it is best to have a scale,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts