Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bowtech Reign 7. 60-70#. How many turns can I go to get the bow down to around 61#? Don't want to go to far and have the bow fly apart.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Check the online manual. There’s an inspection hole your not supposed to go past that you can see the limb bolt in, if you see space in it, you went too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Check the online manual. There’s an inspection hole your not supposed to go past that you can see the limb bolt in, if you see space in it, you went too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is about 1 poung per turn

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too have Reign 7 60-70lb. The shop set it up a 60 lbs to begin with. However, I found out that their scale was 2 lbs off and was actually set at 58 lbs. (I went to my club/range and measured it on two separate and different type of scales. Those two scales measured identical, so I trust them over the shops reading. Anyway, I cranked it up to 62 lbs. The manual says a pound a turn. However, I feel that is just a general reference. Mine was close to that but not exactly. I have it set on 60 lbs with no problem and still it was near a pound a turn. In the end, it was a tad more than a full turn for a pound. Your bow may differ slightly. Also, I used a draw board in the process to measure my timing as I went along. Slow and steady.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it the big hole or the little hole that I should see thread in and not go past? I have backed it out 8 turns and can still see thread in the little hole.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the big hole or the little hole that I should see thread in and not go past? I have backed it out 8 turns and can still see thread in the little hole.
The manual is pointing at the bigger hole. I can only make about 5 turns before it is out of the big hole. That can't be right to get it down to 60#

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bowtech has several useful videos. This one is on adjusting draw weight and it is general in description. But it should help with pointing out which hole. I used the small hole as the inspection hole, so do they in the video. I think the manual is misleading there. AT won’t let me post the link, just go to Bowtech’s YouTube channel and look for the short video on draw weight.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
The manual is pointing at the bigger hole. I can only make about 5 turns before it is out of the big hole. That can't be right to get it down to 60#
It's the little hole. You should be able to back your bolt out 10 turns without any problems, other wise nobody could lower the weight down
from 70 to 60.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure. I will take a look at the videos on youtube.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts