Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved a brand new string and cable set from Bucknasty for my 05 Switchback.

I have all specs right on, but I noticed that the twists are approximately 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" apart.

I read somewhere that you should have no more than 1 twist per every 1.5 inches.

Any one no why this may be and what are the negatives of having more than a twist ever 1.5 inches?

What really confuses me is that these are brand new. :confused:

· Registered
15,839 Posts
I have built a lot of strings and this is what I have observed. 1 twist per 2" really is not adequate for peep sight stability. About 1 twist to 1-3/4" is about the mininum for peep sight stability. I try to achieve 1 twist to about 1-3/8 on all of my strings now simply to have some adjustment room. You can go down to 1 twist per inch without any problems except that the tighter the string or cable is twisted the courser the adjustment becomes. I have even shot strings as highly twisted as one twist in 3/4". They will knot up like crazy if you take them off the bow, but otherwise they shoot just fine.

If you have the bow adjusted, you are worrying about something that you shouldn't be. Go shooting!!!!!!

· Registered
4,165 Posts
I start my strings 1/2" passed spec on the jig. Then twist to spec. no problems here.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
I started using 1 twist for every 1.5" of string

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.