Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you have tryed and liked or disliked the whisker biscuit rest?

When I first saw this rest when it came out a few years ago....I thought.....oh yeah just another gimmick!

Well I put on on my hunting bow last week........and I can't believe how simple and how great it shoots, I just practiced again tonight with my broadheads, shooting in a crosswind and was still shooting 6" groups at 60yds.

I think I have found the rest I will be using for hunting.....until something better comes along....which might be never!

Just my 2 cents..............oldtwohairs--------------->

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
I put a whisker bisquit on my hunting bow two years ago. Just like you said, easy to tune, grouped broadheads as good as anything I ever tried. One sweet hunting rest.

The darn thing was so ugly though, I took it off. They really are a great rest though.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I have had mine on for two years and love it. I have played around with different vanes on it to see what works and holds up best. I am currently shooting Turbo Nocks through it, but not totally sold on that setup. However, I did fletch up some arrows with 4 inch Bi-Delta vanes (Shark tooth) and they shoot great and hold up great. I have shot each arrow through the biscuit about 50-60 times and there are no signs of wear or wrinkling. I have tried vanes by Easton, Bohning, and Flex Fletch and the Bi-Deltas have been the most durable and accurate. One tip besides using Bi-Deltas is to make sure you put an extra dab of glue on the front of the vane where it comes in contact with the arrow. This will make your vanes stay on much better going through the biscuit and almost bullet proof.

IMO...Nothing compares to the Whisker Bisuit for hunting.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
it would seem that helical feathers through a biscuit would be noisy. Anyone try it and notice a difference between vanes and feathers?

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
I used the biscuit a couple of seasons ago, when it first came out. It's a good rest, had good luck with it. after the season I praticed a lot, an awful lot. Vanes wrinkled a lot and a lot of them came off. got tired of fixing vanes,
got a MZE rest, I feel I got the best of both worlds now, great arrow capture and don't have to fix vanes as often. I'm happy:)

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I have used the Whisker Biscuit since they first came out. It's the best rest I have ever used for hunting.

I solved the vane problems (warping, tearing or comming off by going to AAE Speed Flyte vanes have been shooting them for two years and none have warped or tore.

Been bow hunting for 53 years and have tried many rest the WB is the best I have tried.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had mine for about 3 years now. I love it. Even though a lot of guys are going to the drop aways. I'm keepin my biscuit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Whisker Biscuit Arrowrest

I like the biscuit. Its quiet, accurate, it responds well to tuning and adjustment, and it stays in tune. It is the best hunting rest I've ever used. Properly tuned and using the correct spine arrows for the bow I've shot all syles of fletching through this rest and they have all worked. I believe that learning how to tune a bow and arrow is easier to understand when using the whisker biscuit than with any other rest. I think the biscuit will continue to evolve with thinner biscuits and more slippery bristles. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Whisker Biscuit

I like mine, had on my Max3000 and that thing would shoot field points and broadheads to the same spot. I switched it over to the Black Knight Dually I got yesterday and this thing is a tack driver on this bow, even without a peep. I think the WB is a little more forgiving with feathers versus vanes or at least that is MHO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i traded for a bisquit last week and thought about trying it after season then i got curious and wondered about how it would shoot it shoots just as good as any adjustable type prong rest i have ever used and even better than the mirage drop away i had. our season opens sat. so guess what is on my bow and tuned to perfection? let me say it has a lot of whiskers on it and no prongs. this is the best hunting rest i have ever used period.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have two hunting buddies that claim the Whisker Bisquit is the best thing since the air conditioner hit the South. I don't have one on my bow yet, but my next rest will be a WB.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Iv'e had my WB for 3 years.As far as I'm concerned it is the best hunting rest on the market

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have the WB QS and love it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
This rest will be on two of my bows this fall. So far I love them and really can't imagine a better hunting rest.

·
When's bow season start?
8,864 Posts
Love That WB!!!

And I don't mean the network! :D

Drop-aways are OK, but they don't "capture" the arrow like the WB. I don't know about most of you, but when I'm in my treestand, I either rest my bow across the climbing bar of my Viper or lay it across my lap, so it's instantly accessible. With just about any other rest I know of, the arrow will most likely be laying against the cut-out on the riser, and may not come up clean (or silent) when you pick up the bow (especially if it's done under pressure when a big boy comes along). With the WB, the arrow ain't going anywhere. Never, never, never. The arrow either leaves my bow when I squeeze the release or when I unnock it and put it back in my quiver.

Elk: I shoot 4" left-helical feathers. I had my brother-in-law stand to the side about 10' from me as I shot. All he could barely hear was the arrow as it passed him, but nothing from the bow. It's quiet!

Superb hunting accuracy, can't lose the arrow-NEVER, easy to set up and tune, doesn't wear out, and relatively inexpensive. What's NOT to love?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BDHUNTR

I have to agree! its great not to have to be concerned about where your arrow is on your rest......because its always in place!

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Thanks for the info, one more question - would a finger shooter use a cushion plunger with it?
I'm getting interested.

·
When's bow season start?
8,864 Posts
Elk, I don't shoot fingers, but I believe their website states that release or finger shooters can both use the WB as-is. However, with the side-to-side motion of a finger-shot arrow, I wouldn't trim the backside of the biscuit like a lot of us release shooters do. I'd want that extra support.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts