Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NFAA
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dozen brand new arrows that I just built up. My first set has 7 at 344gn and 5 at 342gn. What kind of difference will I have when shooting these at distance? Is it really even enough to notice?

Scott

·
Registered
868 Posts
Absolutely no difference unless you're shooting 100 yards and even then it will be a only a fraction of an inch difference. If the thought bothers you remove the nocks of the heavier arrows and with sand paper sand down the circle end very little until you get the weight you want.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Most arrow dozens that you'll buy have larger tolerances than that!!! you'll never notice the difference!!

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
If you are at the stage of your shooting that you´ll notice the difference,go to a higher grade shaft or buy a couple dozen´s and match grade them.
Hope ever to become that good of a shot to notice 2 grains weight difference in my shooting.
:wink:

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
2 grains?:mg:

My NBA and Axe shoot a 20 grain difference between some of my arrows in almost the same holes out to 40yards.

I think you will be just fine.:wink:

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
None.....zero.....nada......:wink:

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
2 grains isn't nothing more than a little more glue here or a little mud there ... wouldn't sweat that at all.

I see a tad bit of difference at 40+ yds with a 10 grain variance but it's not a whole lot.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I've got a dozen brand new arrows that I just built up. My first set has 7 at 344gn and 5 at 342gn. What kind of difference will I have when shooting these at distance? Is it really even enough to notice?

Scott
2 grains??? Man, I wouldn't shoot them at all. They will cause all sorts of issues. I would see if you can sand/grind some down on the tips to get them all at the same exact weight. You're going to lose sleep over this. :eek:

Okay, I'm just jacking with you.... They're fine

·
Registered
951 Posts
We tested shots at 80 yards with arrows that were exactly 5 grains different threw a Hooter Shooter. The 5 grain heavier arrow would shoot 3/4-1" lower at 80 yards. At 20 yards it would vertically put it in the same hole.

·
<---- That's 57Loader
2,295 Posts
With my hunting bow I shoot GT UL that are around 350 grains. I carry a few old Beamans that are about 380 grains with lock washers behind the field tip to shoot rabbits with. They have amost the same POI at 40-45 yards. I would not worry about 2 grains at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts