Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a adult hide over today and was giving $4.00 Got me thinking I used to get $5 bucks when I started hunting 30 years ago.

Just wonder what others are getting.

of course where not going to get rich on deer hides , But I just like the idea of them going to a use .

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was told for a buck cape you could get $50-100 from a guy I work with.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
A pair of leather gloves.

You get one since Tuesday mike?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
A trapper told me yesterday that all hides were down 30% this year.Russia and China arent buying as many as last year.Who knows,just blame the Republicans.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Our local fleet farm buys them for $3. You used to be able to get a pair of leather gloves but I haven't seen anyone offering those for a while.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The guy buying our **** fur said hides both deer and beef prices are stable and shouldn't be affected by china prices. He said for 18 bucks we get gloves otherwise top dollar hides would be $7 last year my highest dollars hide was $5

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Pair of gloves for an adult hide or $7 , fawns $3 .
This is what i got from Gruenwold Wool & Fur in Ill. they have route trucks on schedules .
Heres what my hides yielded .
DSCN0689.jpg

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I was told for a buck cape you could get $50-100 from a guy I work with.
He's full of crap. My buddy had a shoulder mount but deer's neck had a large hole in the fur so the Taxidermist sold him a new cape for $15.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
He's full of crap. My buddy had a shoulder mount but deer's neck had a large hole in the fur so the Taxidermist sold him a new cape for $15.
My taxidermist will actually give me $25 credit for all euro mounts I get done for he can reuse the cape for others.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,507 Posts
I haven't checked lately, but I saw a sign in front of a Taxidermy shop that said, Deer and Elk hides, for Leather Gloves...

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
My taxidermist will actually give me $25 credit for all euro mounts I get done for he can reuse the cape for others.
This is accurate around here as well . Tanned capes bring good moneys . A XXL on e-bay , check them out if you need to know . I have heard of 29" - 30" capes green can bring a lot as well .
The fact were talking about hides here is different , needs another thread to get serious and not hyjack op .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts