Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
30,528 Posts
Like others have said, I don't make my initial buying decisions based on CS unless there are a bunch of bad reports that warn me away from the brand. I am careful and pretty easy on most of my stuff as my father drilled into my head that taking care of what you saved for is the way to prolong the lifespan and enjoyment. Thus I don't typically break things or have issues due to misuse. However a few things that have developed issues over time have met with a variety of responses.....or not. My primary case in point is Muddy......I bought a tree seat that is absolute trash.....the welds are so crooked it doesn't work. The place I bought it was closing out on them and would not take it back, so I contacted Muddy directly a few times and never heard a word of reply. Since then, I have purchased several products that Muddy also makes without giving their model a second thought.....none of their arrows or trail cams or other products because they sold junk and would not own up to it.

· Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
34,661 Posts
I will not go with a brand simply because of their customer service but if I hear enough that their customer service is not good, it will definitely make me consider looking elsewhere, particularly if their product does not have good reliability.

I have had good experience and response time from both Vortex and HHA. Solid products backed up by solid customer service.

· Registered
94 Posts
Im salty about my Bowtech purchase since they seem to have a complete lack of customer service. Ive reached out via all channels with a simple question and havent heard a response in three weeks. Thanks to AT I figured it out myself. Now im torn since I have read several folks state that their dealers have had a great track record with repairs/warranty claims so perhaps all their CS agents are tied up with the dealers.
Elite on the other hand has always been very quick to answer any questions and were knowledgeable across their outdoor group product lines. My local dealer, however, dropped them due to “terrible customer service”!
So….. again.. im torn… as long as they are providing a solid product and assisting dealers in quickly addressing issues. Maybe I/We shouldn’t take direct customer service issues too seriously. The folks answering the phones and emails are likely hourly CS employees not engineers and it’s been very difficult to hire folks in that wage category across all industries.

· Huntoholic
2,542 Posts
Not to hijack 12 Ringers thread, but who it the archery industry deserves a shout out for, not just good customer service, but going above and beyond to help? I have two that come to mind instantly.

Dorge at Firenock has always been great to deal with, but this puts him over the top in my book. I placed a internet order late one evening and before I had shut down the computer he called me on my cell phone to let me know that the color combination I had chosen was not the brightest, he wanted to make sure I would be happy with my selection.

Torqueless grips is another, same scenario, I placed a order for an engraved grip and they called me on a Sunday afternoon to let me know the color I had chosen for the engraved area was not going to stand out. I had chosen that color because I did not want it to stand out, but it was super nice for them to call and ask.

In both cases these people could have just built and sent as ordered but they took the time to make it personal, they wanted to make sure I was going to be a satisfied customer, by not just taking care of a problem after it happened but trying to prevent the problem from happening at all.

· Registered
7,467 Posts
Not to hijack 12 Ringers thread, but who it the archery industry deserves a shout out for, not just good customer service, but going above and beyond to help? I have two that come to mind instantly.

Dorge at Firenock has always been great to deal with, but this puts him over the top in my book. I placed a internet order late one evening and before I had shut down the computer he called me on my cell phone to let me know that the color combination I had chosen was not the brightest, he wanted to make sure I would be happy with my selection.

Torqueless grips is another, same scenario, I placed a order for an engraved grip and they called me on a Sunday afternoon to let me know the color I had chosen for the engraved area was not going to stand out. I had chosen that color because I did not want it to stand out, but it was super nice for them to call and ask.

In both cases these people could have just built and sent as ordered but they took the time to make it personal, they wanted to make sure I was going to be a satisfied customer, by not just taking care of a problem after it happened but trying to prevent the problem from happening at all.
Ironically firenock is one company I will not deal with again due to multiple issues both with product and how the issues were handled.

• Helpful
Reactions: Alaska at heart

· Team #9
9,687 Posts
its huge for me!! and November 6th Sunday 3:30 pm all my Bushnell cell cams lost
cell service for some crazy billing issue..it was scheduled to charge my account that day but
didn't ,and I could not restore it ..I was able to call Bushnell Sunday and talk to a live person who restored
all my cameras with cell service for a month free on 8 cameras $120 ...the Money part was nice
but what mattered most is that she cared about my issue and understood totally ...I was at my lease
out of State on my vacation ....nicest lady ever Thank you

· Registered
6,267 Posts
Most do not do much to insure the Product or products they have purchased Has Any CS! Like Most have mostly dropped their CS even Amazon has not easy way to connect or alert them of an An issue it is just a "Return situation Now. That said I can only wonder why some companies Offer an Email Address, a "Contact Us" Form or even a Phone Number when some accept any Emails or Contact Us their common reply is You Need to "Call" Us. But that is the way these days Companies can't take a flood of emails for even simple questions relating to a product even had been advised don't worry about an item we will have it for a long time only to learn that CS Staffer has moved on and the new has no Idea what you are asking about like they never offer that item / product. But You can't Know if they will have any Kind of Customer Service down the road as things are Always Changing and the maybe the Cost is too much to continue Good CS. There is very Few that have It Now 1 that comes to mind is Magnus Broadheads but they are only one of the few that have it I have never really need their CS But there must be a reason why! But There is Really not Much CS Only when you need It You Learn There is Little to It Now. Sad when as I have Stated "Parts and Service" is where the USA was known for but Today that is all But Gone the only thing you might find parts for anything more that 5 years old is an Car or Truck and they are OEM but maybe remanufacturer. We have Become a Throwaway Society as what the labor cost to have anything Repairs you can Buy the newer Version for less! Sad But Throwaway is the New Normal.
Sorry some have realized this But Nothing Stays the Same even Labor Costs have skyrocket to make it not worth Your $.
Even Well Know Brands are slow going this way as to Product Knowledge and Parts or Information. And Most won't give you a good reason or answer. Maybe being Company Policy also Now. I think they do not want to put anything in an Email as then the Customer has a record to hold them Accountable in the Future and most Calls are Not "Recorded" when you are hoping for Help!
Just some Observations dealing with any Kind of Archery Product or for that any Product you have spent your Hard Earned Money On!
LFM

· Registered
6,267 Posts
its huge for me!! and November 6th Sunday 3:30 pm all my Bushnell cell cams lost
cell service for some crazy billing issue..it was scheduled to charge my account that day but
didn't ,and I could not restore it ..I was able to call Bushnell Sunday and talk to a live person who restored
all my cameras with cell service for a month free on 8 cameras $120 ...the Money part was nice
but what mattered most is that she cared about my issue and understood totally ...I was at my lease
out of State on my vacation ....nicest lady ever Thank you
Glad You got Assistance, They Offer me some Free Service but It was no help as My Verizon Smart Phone does not work at My Property even though I went with AT&T Cell Service Bushnell CelluCore Trail Camera after many emails and Contact Forms sent but they had no Help but advised You have to Sign Up for the Service to and then you Cell Cam will allow you to test for Service which was unknown nor never Mentioned to Check a Camera for Cell Service. Learn that also you can't Go By their Instructions as to using the Providers "Coverage Map" to Know You HAVE Service being Verizon Shows my Property Does and It Does in one Spot on top a Hill No Where Else. And My Box Blind is near that Hill. So I am now using This Cell Cam as a Non Cell Cam at Least I got it at a reduced Price so it is Not SO BAD! So Again Glad someone got some assistance it took 6 weeks to get a response via email to learn about This.
LFM

· Team #9
9,687 Posts
Glad You got Assistance, They Offer me some Free Service but It was no help as My Verizon Smart Phone does not work at My Property even though I went with AT&T Cell Service Bushnell CelluCore Trail Camera after many emails and Contact Forms sent but they had no Help but advised You have to Sign Up for the Service to and then you Cell Cam will allow you to test for Service which was unknown nor never Mentioned to Check a Camera for Cell Service. Learn that also you can't Go By their Instructions as to using the Providers "Coverage Map" to Know You HAVE Service being Verizon Shows my Property Does and It Does in one Spot on top a Hill No Where Else. And My Box Blind is near that Hill. So I am now using This Cell Cam as a Non Cell Cam at Least I got it at a reduced Price so it is Not SO BAD! So Again Glad someone got some assistance it took 6 weeks to get a response via email to learn about This.
LFM
wow 6 weeks ..sorry to hear this but you can call them 7 days a week on the phone ..Sunday till 6:00 pm
and talk with a live person for help...they cant always help and seems who you get on the phone sometimes
matters big time ...they discontinued my favorite cell cam and only 2 year warrantee with it ..after that
no support I was shocked ..I have one quit recently out of 8 and she was like your SOL ...I felt salty..
with cell cameras you are going to need customer service at some point if you use a lot of cameras
talking on the phone is much better resolving issues for me .....hope for better luck for you

· Registered
3,765 Posts
it matters who I buy from. Not so much on who’s product to buy. But who’s not to buy. Probably one of the biggest pluses I get fro this forum is reading other peoples experiences. For instance, I will never purchase anything from Eders. Also, which products are made well and perform as advertised.

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
LFM
It’s YOUR job to see if a phone has decent service before attempting to put up a cam. You can’t expect a manufacturer to provide a working cell cam where there is no coverage. I remember your debacle and it wasn’t Bushnell’s fault.

Maybe it took them 5 weeks to decrypt your email into readable English?

· Registered
84 Posts
It used to not be such a big deal for me but since Covid it seems CS has really gone down hill, even with companies that typically had good reputations. I make note now of good CS, because it seems to be getting rarer and rarer, and tend to stay loyal to those brands. I’ve also written a few off because of recent experiences.
All that being said, I also won’t buy just because of it. I don’t buy vortex or FL products, and I know they have great CS, because when I did, I used it all the time.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
If I have dealt with a company that has treated me right I am more likely to stick with that company but if I am looking at buying a new to me brand, I dont typically look into their customer service reviews before buying a product. In my experience most companies want to make things right when you have a legitimate issue with a product. A recent example is my Landslyde from Axcel. When I went to install my sight tape one of the screws that holds the tape on had a head that was too small so the screw would pull right through the tape and not actually hold it in place. I emailed Axcel, explained the situation, gave them info about where and when I purchased it and provided my address all in 1 email. The reply email was them letting me know they were sending me a set of screws. I had the spring break in my Scott Silverhorn release that is literally 8 years old. I again, explained the situation, provided my address, offered to purchase the spring if available and I got an email the next day with a shipping confirmation with a new spring. Elite just replaced limbs on my 8 year old bow with no hassles... In my experience, all of these companies have a vested interest in taking care of their customers because they want us to buy more products and typically they are all easy to work with.

· Gold Supporting Archer
11,610 Posts
Actually I’ve been very P’d off @ Tevesl Tactacam customer service.

Got a cam down for months. Had a rep on the phone walk me thru steps to “update” the cam to no avail.

Called back 3 times to make arrangements to send it back to get repaired etc. Reveal has a 10 minute will return your call. 3 months later, still no call back.

I have a brand new in the box reveal I haven’t used yet and was going to put it out @ deer season opener, August. Heeeeel no !! I’m fresh out. Meanwhile Reveal auto renewed the cam I have that’s not working snd I need to suspend it.

Very angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Pay It Forward
27,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So your not “Ravin” about their CS? 😉

I definitely choose to avoid poor service. Sadly it is getting harder to find good service, the desperation for workers has lowered the bar of acceptability quite a ways.
HAHA....it's a done deal at this point...rather not get into it too much let's just say this...I've pursued more avenues than ANYONE should have to, to spend their own money. The final straw was connecting with a trusted member of what is likely one of the most premier shops anywhere on the East coast who told me they have become one of the worst companies to deal with....I know they say misery loves company, but I didn't feel 'good' hearing that, but did feel a little like, well at least it isn't me....

Next purchase with a new company just about finalized....

· Pay It Forward
27,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It’s pretty low on my list. Have you tried calling as soon as they open?
Perry you name it...I've called 5-minutes after they've opened and basically left my phone on speaker/on hold while I tended to stuff at the office. My frustration got to the point that I went back on the call logs of my office and mobile lines....guess how many total hours on hold over 8-buisness days....how about 37!!! That's more than 4 hours a day for more than a week, I sent 9 emails to 4 different addresses all associated with their customer service team and sent two 'contact forms' from their site complete with photos, and multiple links to contact me ......

Not going to work that hard....especially after meeting with pro-shop team today who all but confirmed they doubt the damage could be repaired and certainly would not be a warranty replacement issue....

· Registered
2,844 Posts
Not at all when it comes to hunt or fishing. Why would one buy something anticipating the need to deal with customer service?
Reminds of this from Tommy Boy…..

21 - 40 of 41 Posts