Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
First off if you have not purchased them yet go buy yourself a pack of the Magnus Bullheads much better than the Guillotines. Another thing you are going to have to shoot a full length shaft so they clear you sight and riser this will affect flight as well. Out of my Gaurdian the 125gr Guillotines on a full length GT 75/95 shaft with 3- five inch full helical feathers flew the same as my Maxima's wrapped and blazers w/100gr tips @ 20 yds. At 30yds about 6" lower and that was all the further I shot them.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
you dont need full length arrows to guillotines unless you have a long dl,just long enough to clear your sight,if you have a short sight they wont need to be real long,i have not shot the bull head but the guillotines are very accurate out to 30 yards.

·
Banned
73 Posts
checking out the bullhead myself right now, not sure what to think. I do know instead of shooting guillotines and a full-length arrow a lot of folks are hunting turkeys with stuff like the Grim Reaper.......

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Thanks for the info! What makes the magnus Bullheads better?
The guillotines are a one shot thing, and become unstable after the 20-25 yard zone. The Bullheads are durable, having shot one into our block 12 times before the arrow insert pulled out, and can be tuned to be accurate to further distances.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts